Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there I am a new owner and I am trying to find out if it is possible to get the sat nav in the car to show where roadside speed cameras are my old car sat nav used to show them and bleep when you approached 1 has anyone got any ideas as to if it is possible to do this or update the system to do it.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
TomTom Traffic should alert you to speed cameras , but you need to use your phone as a wifi hotspot . Don't know if it bleeps , to be honest . You could also use Android Auto with Waze , or something similar . Not tested it yet because I'm aware of the speed camera locations that I've driven in. Maybe I'll try it when I next go on a trip

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
you get a "ding dong" about 10 seconds before you are due to reach the camera, map will zoom in gradually as you get nearer to a junction, camera or point of interest you have set

you need to have the NAV system linked to a WiFi (phone or one of the in car type MiFi units you can get) as it is a live service, not a local database of camera's on the Nav Unit

also there is a button (bottom one on left of Nav screen when in full screen mode) when live services are active to report a camera not on the database

data usage seems to be 10-20mb / 100 miles for live services as a rough guide from what I have seen, but that is cameras and traffic live services as you can't choose (all or nothing)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts