Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Project 45 - Gravity Gold
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen Hyundai say that "if it's allowed in your Country, you can receive alerts for both fixed and mobile speed cameras" but exactly how do you enable this & do they regularly update the database?

·
Registered
Project 45 Phantom Black
45 Posts
You enable it in the settings under Navigation. If and when they update the database is anyone's guess. So far it has alerted me to all speed cameras I've come across. You can choose between just a color change on the speedometer in the HUD or an audible alert when you approach.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
Stable doors, horses, & bolts come to mind but I've just been "caught by camera" for the first time in around 10 years!
I'd like to blame the quietness of the car for my lack of "speed awareness" your Honour, but I don't think that'll go down well.

Just got to make sure I don't get caught out again - think I'd like the interior of the car to flash red together with a voice telling me to Slow Down You *** Idiot!
:eek:

·
Registered
Project 45 Phantom Black
45 Posts
I could have been cought also as the audible alert seems to be off by default. I did by chance notice the color change in the speedometer as I was speeding a little in a speed average detection zone and so slowed down in time. Afterwards I found the audible alert setting in the menu. It would be interesting if you can test the same camera with this setting enabled to see if it's in the database.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've just set the camera alerts to ON, but it doesn't tell me if this is an audible or HUD alert - where should I be looking? - please don't tell me to read the 600+ page manual!

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD 73Kwh
126 Posts
If you turn it on in the navigation settings, you will ear a sound when you're approaching.
But... I have not been able to find were to change this sound level...I think It's very low..

·
Registered
Project 45 Phantom Black
45 Posts
I've just set the camera alerts to ON, but it doesn't tell me if this is an audible or HUD alert - where should I be looking? - please don't tell me to read the 600+ page manual!
I think this ON switch is in fact the audible switch. I can't remember for sure.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I heard rumors that the speedometers are often set to a few kph lower than reality (I think Bjorn Nyland mentioned that in his cruise control settings on the Ioniq5 recently).
Has anyone else on the forum confirmed the speedometer accuracy on the I5 and/or the previous Ioniq/Kona EVs ?
This could help in adjustments to avoiding speeding tickets, since the silence/feel makes it very easy to go over the limit.

I'll try to test out it anyway in the next couple of days, using an independent GPS (Bad Elf GPS pro) to confirm the inbuilt speedometer accuracy vs satellite signals.
Had gotten one of these some years back to play Pokemon Go on ipads :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Well both my Porsche and Mitsubishi Outlander speedos read high. I have used my TomTom SATNAV to verify this so prob too of Ioniq too.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
454 Posts
In the UK the speedo has to read between 0 and 10% higher than the true speed, and must never read low. Most of the cars I've owned read between 5 and 10% over.
Interesting, the last half dozen cars I have had all matched my Garmin GPS speed except for 2 smart cars which read exactly 2 mph over the Garmin at about 60 mph. The smart was the only one that was European.

·
Registered
64 Posts
it likely won’t be in the printed manual but the infotainment manual. The one you get a qr code fir in the 2nd manual so you can only access it online. I think it will be easier to sit and play with the settings than keep referring to that.

·
Registered
145 Posts
It seems that - like with Waze - you only get speeding alerts when approaching a speed camera, which for me is a bit of a shame because I would have preferred a system that altered me whenever I was speeding (even if there was no camera ahead).

·
Registered
221 Posts
It seems that - like with Waze - you only get speeding alerts when approaching a speed camera, which for me is a bit of a shame because I would have preferred a system that altered me whenever I was speeding (even if there was no camera ahead).
In the HUD the speed limit symbol goes red if you are speeding

·
Registered
58 Posts
I heard rumors that the speedometers are often set to a few kph lower than reality (I think Bjorn Nyland mentioned that in his cruise control settings on the Ioniq5 recently).
Has anyone else on the forum confirmed the speedometer accuracy on the I5 and/or the previous Ioniq/Kona EVs ?
This could help in adjustments to avoiding speeding tickets, since the silence/feel makes it very easy to go over the limit.

I'll try to test out it anyway in the next couple of days, using an independent GPS (Bad Elf GPS pro) to confirm the inbuilt speedometer accuracy vs satellite signals.
Had gotten one of these some years back to play Pokemon Go on ipads :)
I put on a speed test app on my phone, and it shows about 3km/t slower than the car speed. About the same as the other cars I have driven the last years. The app was quite accurate compared to both a Tomtom GPS unit, and speed signs on the roads (Those who shows your speed then and there, have been up some few places here in Norway at times)

In the HUD the speed limit symbol goes red if you are speeding
Correct, the speed sign in HUD goes red when over the speed limit. It can be set in settings when it's going red. Can set it 5 km before, default exact speed, or 5, 10 or 15km/t over the speed. I have mine set at +5, since the car shows about 3 more than real speed.

The speedshowing also goes yellow when aproaching a speedkamera if one is over the speedlimit. White at 70, yellow at 71 in a 70 zone. Comes in a few 100meters before the camera. Have not tested sound allert, don't like them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The driver's screen also shows a red speed limit when you''ve gone over it. I'm sure there's a setting where it beeps as well - which I've turned off!

·
Registered
145 Posts
It seems to only go red when speeding if approaching a speed camera? It doesn't go red when there's no speed camera alert.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine goes red every time I exceed the speed limit. Maybe there’s a box you’ve ticked or unticked somewhere in the settings?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts