Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Modern Spare is way backordered, industry standard these days.
Research has lead me to believe that the Palisade /Telluride spare should work well at 29" tall. Is cheaper to purchase than most kits as well.

Has anyone been able to confirm?
Doing a cross country drive next month and don't want the risk of waiting for roadside.

Leads so far suggest the above and the Maserati Quadraporte Ghibli 馃槀. All cheaper than modern spare!

Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
Some caution recommended here. The problem I had getting a spare for my Kona EV was not the outside diameter but the clearance of inside wheel from rotors. And just to complicate selection front clearance was different to back. I suspect Ioniq 5 will be similar, but haven鈥檛 looked yet.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some caution recommended here. The problem I had getting a spare for my Kona EV was not the outside diameter but the clearance of inside wheel from rotors. And just to complicate selection front clearance was different to back. I suspect Ioniq 5 will be similar, but haven鈥檛 looked yet.
That is what I am suspecting as well, which is why I am holding off a little. Could grab a spacer for such a use case, would be temporary. It's insane that these cost more than standard wheels and tires. Dealer wanted $600 for just spare, no kit and even then doesnt have listing, was going to see what fit!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts