Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone gotten their ioniq from Tustin Hyundai mind sharing if they were able to get the $750 CA Rebate from them? is that something they deduct automatically? or you need to ask them for it?

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
752 Posts
Has anyone gotten their ioniq from Tustin Hyundai mind sharing if they were able to get the $750 CA Rebate from them? is that something they deduct automatically? or you need to ask them for it?
I'd be surprised, they're not listed on the clean vehicle rewards website, closest is Anaheim

Map Rectangle Font Line Screenshot

·
Registered
294 Posts
This applies to Southern California only.

I signed up for a Limited AWD on the very first day “reservations” opened up. Like you, I was disappointed in phone calls to several dealers that demanded ADDITIONAL DEALER PROFIT OF UP TO $10, 000.00

A couple of days ago I took the time to sort out the API report that some kind soul is good enough to post for the benefit of all. It showed only 70 Limited (27 in Shooting Star Matte) for Southern California. But there are 757 SE and 616 SEL models getting to the dealers within the next two weeks.

Look at the dealer websites. The dealer in Anaheim is showing 146 cars arriving!

Given this new supply, I cannot imagine the dealers sticking to those markups. I do not believe 1350+ consumers are going to pay the premium. There is no harm in asking them to delete the premium and/or add ons. Now if one won’t sell on your terms, you have the option of looking at the next dealer. On a trip to LA yesterday I could see from the freeway that several dealers were unloading Ioniq 5’s

Weeks ago I had a very pleasant surprise when I spoke to a local dealership that I was sent to by the Concierge Center. It is the same dealer I have my trusty ICE Sonata serviced at. My dealings with them have always been stellar and the prices very fair. (I dumped my previous Hyundai dealer.)

When I asked Salesman Nick Tartaglini about pricing, I was ecstatic to hear him quote MSRP, saying all of their cars sell for MSRP and they “don’t price gouge” their customers. I considered keeping this “golden secret” to myself until I purchased my Limited AWD. However, they soon sent an email blast that said: “Palm Springs Hyundai has never and will never price gouge our clients.”

At the top of their website: Hyundai Dealer in Palm Springs | Palm Springs Hyundai it has the same message. It is also a Genesis Dealer (without markup!).

Today Nick informed me that mine might be coming in soon as he had seen a new Limited AWD on the latest list for the dealership.

I told Nick I would be posting this great information on this forum. He would welcome inquiries.

Nick Tartaglini

Email:

"Nick Tartaglini" <[email protected]>

Cell (760) 558-9493

I visited today to see some SE and SEL that had just arrived. 9 came in and two were not yet sold. Their website says 35 SE and SEL models are coming in. I think 25 are yet unsold. Alas, there are no LIMITEDS on the horizon yet.

Good Luck!

EDITED: 3/1/22 I updated the email address for Nick. Also, I picked up my Ioniq 5 Limited a few days ago. I PAID MSRP PRICE and no "Market Adjustment". As advertised, they don't have any mandatory add-ons or other silly stuff. All in all, a very pleasant experience. (I will post photos and first impressions on a separate posting.
Its sad that you have to applauded a dealership that is only selling you the car at msrp

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Its sad that you have to applauded a dealership that is only selling you the car at msrp
That comment is a little confusing. If you look at their website: Hyundai Dealer in Palm Springs | Palm Springs Hyundai - it clearly says at the top: "We DO NOT Price Gouge. Never Have, Never Will. We Do Not Mark Our Cars Up Over MSRP."

I happened to be there last week for my first Ioniq 5 "service" at 5000 miles, which was only a tire rotation. I talked to my salesman as he was showing me the new Genesis GV60 all-electic SUV. It was just off the truck and already sold ..... at MSRP. I hope you get over your sadness.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That comment is a little confusing. If you look at their website: Hyundai Dealer in Palm Springs | Palm Springs Hyundai - it clearly says at the top: "We DO NOT Price Gouge. Never Have, Never Will. We Do Not Mark Our Cars Up Over MSRP."

I happened to be there last week for my first Ioniq 5 "service" at 5000 miles, which was only a tire rotation. I talked to my salesman as he was showing me the new Genesis GV60 all-electic SUV. It was just off the truck and already sold ..... at MSRP. I hope you get over your sadness.
I don’t think the poster’s comment is directed at you, but at the general situation of dealers taking advantage of the situation by charging over msrp.

At least that’s the way I interpreted it

·
Registered
294 Posts

Me sad? I'm living the charmed life. It is a comment on the state of things in the car industry today, not a reflection on one select dealership.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wasn't even aware of this $750 thing. Last EV I bought was in 2018 - I got $7500 from Fed and $2000 (or was it $2500 ?) from CA. I just checked and the CA money is gone for Teslas, but still there for Hyundai, it seems. I had totally forgotten about that, tbh, so party bonus !

I didn't realize G60 were physically shipping out of the factory yet ! I know they're all spoken for, for now, but I want to see one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently was quoted a wait time of 2 years by Palm Springs Hyundai. I laughed when they said it, but said "sure, add me to the wait list" because it can't hurt just to be added.

Does anyone have experience with getting on this waiting list in the last ~1-2 months and whether it moves faster than quoted?

61 - 73 of 73 Posts