Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
D*MNIT!!! I just bought one from another dealer in Anaheim for pretty much the same deal WITHOUT the $1k off. bah. Oh well.
No lost mate, even with the $1k off, they tack on etching and other crap making it more than MSRP. I also got a response for a limited trim:
"We have a $7,500 markup on the vehicle and a $1,485 dealer installed accessories."

/sigh

·
Registered
2 Posts
Evening Folks,
After 2 months of trying to buy a Rav4 Prime or Lexus NX450+ without $15K in sheer greed.
I've given up on Toyota dealers, I live in Orange O.C and I'm looking hard at the SEL or Limited.
Tustin Hyundai is 10 mins from my house and so is the dealer in Anacrime.
I'm pretty flexible with the purchase, I can dealer finance or buy through my credit union. No trade in.
I'm thinking if I buy a car along with another forum member we might have more leverage.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I drove to Palm Springs and had a conversation with one of the sales persons there. I am happy to report that indeed they are not charging markup/addons. I am again very excited about this car. I hope I don't have to wait too long for more I5s to be delivered 😁😁😁
Did you pay tip to them? That’s what I was told in a phone conversation. That’s another type of “mark up”.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Since I will be purchasing from this dealer at MSRP. The Polestar (my 2nd choice) is no longer being considered. However, it being made in China has no affect on me. My iPhone is made in China, my TV, etc. I like Volvo and their cars, them being owned by Geely doesn't bother me. To each their own.
I’m not going to pretend that as consumers we could even get through life without products made in China, but I will admit that buying a car that is essentially the second biggest purchase in most peoples lives, just seems to have more gravity than buying a phone every couple years. I would certainly prefer to support first and foremost an American company, second a foreign company with American factories, and third a country like South Korea that isn’t China. (And I’m a huge progressive)

Not trying to get into a political discussion though. To each their own, indeed. 🙂

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m not going to pretend that as consumers we could even get through life without products made in China, but I will admit that buying a car that is essentially the second biggest purchase in most peoples lives, just seems to have more gravity than buying a phone every couple years. I would certainly prefer to support first and foremost an American company, second a foreign company with American factories, and third a country like South Korea that isn’t China. (And I’m a huge progressive)

Not trying to get into a political discussion though. To each their own, indeed. 🙂
100%!!
I fully get it. Most of my stuff is made by the PRC too, but I do try my best and go out of my way to look for alternatives not made in a country with horrific acts of human rights abuses, no tolerance for differing views, and a belligerent attitude towards other countries, totally ignoring international laws. See the ridiculous claim of the ocean just south of them.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited - Shooting Star / Light Grey
4 Posts
Can someone provide a contact info that they dealt with Palm Springs? I reached out a few days ago and got told someone will call me back but nothing since then.
I worked with Steve Allen at PS Hyundai - got a beautiful Limited there - cash no upselling - at MSRP... 760.202.8888

·
Registered
246 Posts
I worked with Steve Allen at PS Hyundai - got a beautiful Limited there - cash no upselling - at MSRP... 760.202.8888
How did the process work ? Did you get a text or call saying ‘We have a VIN for a car in transit, do you want it ?’ Then, did you just give a small deposit, or did you go in pretty soon after the call and do the loan paperwork etc ?

I ask because my future in-laws are going to gift us the down payment as a wedding gift. but it will probably take a week or so from the time that we tell them the car is available.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Also looking for an I5 here...

I am in central California. Checked the local guys here and they expect $5k mark-up. - I won't do it.

I bought my recent Toyota in Oregon as I could not locate one in CA... without a $20K Mark-up o_O

Might end-up traveling again...

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
752 Posts
Also looking for an I5 here...

I am in central California. Checked the local guys here and they expect $5k mark-up. - I won't do it.

I bought my recent Toyota in Oregon as I could not locate one in CA... without a $20K Mark-up o_O

Might end-up traveling again...
Do it if they have inventory, the API updates seem to show lots of west coast inventory, well and national inventory, going to CA.

I tried with AZ for Hyundai and VW and neither of the dealers were willing to sell out of state, stuffs just scarce. Folks are piping up that low demand areas like the North East (Chi town, NY) seem to have consistent inventory without markups, maybe worth a flight out and a ship back.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’m on the waitlist with Tustin Hyundai. They seem like a good group. But I believe they are now requiring we pay the $1500 protection plan if and when the car we want comes. Is anyone else in the queue for a car with them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m on the waitlist with Tustin Hyundai. They seem like a good group. But I believe they are now requiring we pay the $1500 protection plan if and when the car we want comes. Is anyone else in the queue for a car with them?
Yes, I've been on the waitlist since February and the dealer confirmed that they started requiring a $1500 paint protection package on all Ioniqs starting last month. :cry:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes, I've been on the waitlist since February and the dealer confirmed that they started requiring a $1500 paint protection package on all Ioniqs starting last month. :cry:
That’s disappointing. I was hoping you’d say that you negotiated it out.

I’m wondering if things are slowing down a bit. Dealers seem to be contacting me more than they had before, although I only started looking at them in early March. Maybe they just want me on their respective list, but they seem willing to negotiate a bit as they’ve been getting more cars. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
That’s disappointing. I was hoping you’d say that you negotiated it out.

I’m wondering if things are slowing down a bit. Dealers seem to be contacting me more than they had before, although I only started looking at them in early March. Maybe they just want me on their respective list, but they seem willing to negotiate a bit as they’ve been getting more cars. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part

Thanks
well the problem is that I was trying to negotiate but 5 minute later he told me all the SEL RWDs that I was looking for got reserved... so not much room or time to negotiate at this point unfortunately

·
Registered
waiting for Ioniq 5 to come in
55 Posts
Tustin Hyundai is also selling ALL Ioniq 5's at MSRP without any markups and add-ons. There is a large waitlist of course, but they do have SEs and SELs available to reserve at MSRP (they sent out a message today FYI).

Please note they are preselling/reserving all based on allocations, so as long as you know what you want and you are on their waitlist you have a good chance :)
I was at the Tustin dealership last week and they added a protectant for paint and seats for 1000$ as a required add-on two months ago.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts