Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘19 Ioniq HEV
24 Posts
Not sure if it matters to you, but the Polestar is made in china.
For me, that's a non-starter. YMMV.
Since I will be purchasing from this dealer at MSRP. The Polestar (my 2nd choice) is no longer being considered. However, it being made in China has no affect on me. My iPhone is made in China, my TV, etc. I like Volvo and their cars, them being owned by Geely doesn't bother me. To each their own.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Since I will be purchasing from this dealer at MSRP. The Polestar (my 2nd choice) is no longer being considered. However, it being made in China has no affect on me. My iPhone is made in China, my TV, etc. I like Volvo and their cars, them being owned by Geely doesn't bother me. To each their own.
Yeah none of that matters until it happens to you. True story.

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL RWD Teal
8 Posts
Odd, they told me I have to finance through them. I would be buying out of state.
I just took delivery of an SEL RWD and I was required to finance through Hyundai or no deal. I too am out of state. There were no additional fees with the financing, and no pre-payment penalty. Overall, I am pleased with the folks at Palm Springs Hyundai.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited AWD
44 Posts
I just took delivery of an SEL RWD and I was required to finance through Hyundai or no deal. I too am out of state. There were no additional fees with the financing, and no pre-payment penalty. Overall, I am pleased with the folks at Palm Springs Hyundai.
Curious, how does tax work buying out of state in California? Did you pick up at the dealer or have it shipped?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Can someone provide a contact info that they dealt with Palm Springs? I reached out a few days ago and got told someone will call me back but nothing since then.
It is in my original post above. I bought my Limited from Nick. Just call or text him.
Try: Nick Tartaglini" <[email protected]> Cell (760) 558-9493

·
Registered
33 Posts
ok so Tustin Hyundai might be able to get you a SE with a much shorter lead time if you live in Orange County. I'm up in San Jose so no luck. After checking websites and calling dealers up and down California, the only 2 dealers I was able to find without markups are Palm Springs and Tustin. 6 months lead time with one and simply not eligible to buy from them for the other means I will just wait for another model (probably the F150 Lightning I have a reservation for).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yeah I already reached out to Palm Springs earlier as well. The other car I'm looking forward to is the Audi Q4 eTron, uses the same MEB platform as VW ID.4 and it looks nice as well. Scheduled for mid year launch and I spoke to Audi Fremont, they are taking reservations ($2500 fully refundable deposit) and none of these silly mark ups.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a new Ioniq 5 SE from the Hyundai dealer in Corona, CA (Cardinale Way). They have a promotion ongoing for the SE version of the Ioniq for 1000 off the MSRP price. However, they do have $1495 dealer add-ons so you end up just shy of 500 over MSRP as the sale price. That was the lowest I could find shopping around the LA area the past couple weeks for places that had stock. No wait list, just walked up and had a few in stock to choose from.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just purchased a new Ioniq 5 SE from the Hyundai dealer in Corona, CA (Cardinale Way). They have a promotion ongoing for the SE version of the Ioniq for 1000 off the MSRP price. However, they do have $1495 dealer add-ons so you end up just shy of 500 over MSRP as the sale price. That was the lowest I could find shopping around the LA area the past couple weeks for places that had stock. No wait list, just walked up and had a few in stock to choose from.
Nice! it's advertised on their website. I sent an email just now asking if they have any incoming limited and if they have any mark ups on it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
do you know what is included in that $1495 protector package? I’ll try to give them a call and see if they will sell to someone from outside the region

21 - 40 of 73 Posts