Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This applies to Southern California only.

I signed up for a Limited AWD on the very first day “reservations” opened up. Like you, I was disappointed in phone calls to several dealers that demanded ADDITIONAL DEALER PROFIT OF UP TO $10, 000.00

A couple of days ago I took the time to sort out the API report that some kind soul is good enough to post for the benefit of all. It showed only 70 Limited (27 in Shooting Star Matte) for Southern California. But there are 757 SE and 616 SEL models getting to the dealers within the next two weeks.

Look at the dealer websites. The dealer in Anaheim is showing 146 cars arriving!

Given this new supply, I cannot imagine the dealers sticking to those markups. I do not believe 1350+ consumers are going to pay the premium. There is no harm in asking them to delete the premium and/or add ons. Now if one won’t sell on your terms, you have the option of looking at the next dealer. On a trip to LA yesterday I could see from the freeway that several dealers were unloading Ioniq 5’s

Weeks ago I had a very pleasant surprise when I spoke to a local dealership that I was sent to by the Concierge Center. It is the same dealer I have my trusty ICE Sonata serviced at. My dealings with them have always been stellar and the prices very fair. (I dumped my previous Hyundai dealer.)

When I asked Salesman Nick Tartaglini about pricing, I was ecstatic to hear him quote MSRP, saying all of their cars sell for MSRP and they “don’t price gouge” their customers. I considered keeping this “golden secret” to myself until I purchased my Limited AWD. However, they soon sent an email blast that said: “Palm Springs Hyundai has never and will never price gouge our clients.”

At the top of their website: Hyundai Dealer in Palm Springs | Palm Springs Hyundai it has the same message. It is also a Genesis Dealer (without markup!).

Today Nick informed me that mine might be coming in soon as he had seen a new Limited AWD on the latest list for the dealership.

I told Nick I would be posting this great information on this forum. He would welcome inquiries.

Nick Tartaglini

Email:

"Nick Tartaglini" <[email protected]>

Cell (760) 558-9493

I visited today to see some SE and SEL that had just arrived. 9 came in and two were not yet sold. Their website says 35 SE and SEL models are coming in. I think 25 are yet unsold. Alas, there are no LIMITEDS on the horizon yet.

Good Luck!

EDITED: 3/1/22 I updated the email address for Nick. Also, I picked up my Ioniq 5 Limited a few days ago. I PAID MSRP PRICE and no "Market Adjustment". As advertised, they don't have any mandatory add-ons or other silly stuff. All in all, a very pleasant experience. (I will post photos and first impressions on a separate posting.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
655 Posts
Are the two Limiteds on their website that says In Transit spoken for?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tustin Hyundai is also selling ALL Ioniq 5's at MSRP without any markups and add-ons. There is a large waitlist of course, but they do have SEs and SELs available to reserve at MSRP (they sent out a message today FYI).

Please note they are preselling/reserving all based on allocations, so as long as you know what you want and you are on their waitlist you have a good chance :)

·
Registered
655 Posts
As of Wednesday yes.
Darn yeah, I've been checking the API and Palm Springs hasn't had the Limiteds listed for a while so I guess they've been reserved, none incoming either. Guess I'll keep my reservation on the current dealer up north (with markup).

·
Registered
655 Posts
Sucks that according to the API, there's 130 Limiteds on their way to dealers that are not reserved. Most if not all have huge markups.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
750 Posts
Sucks that according to the API, there's 130 Limiteds on their way to dealers that are not reserved. Most if not all have huge markups.
What’s crazy is when you drill it down by state, California getting maybe two dozen 😿

·
Registered
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘19 Ioniq HEV
24 Posts
Thanks for the post. I emailed the address on this thread but was returned as undeliverable. I am in contact with Hyundai Palm Springs and have shown interest in a purchase. I will keep everyone here informed of my experience. Indeed from the exchange we had they are not adding a markup, that is not to say they aren't adding equipment fees (tint, alarm, film, etc). So far so good.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Thanks for the post. I emailed the address on this thread but was returned as undeliverable. I am in contact with Hyundai Palm Springs and have shown interest in a purchase. I will keep everyone here informed of my experience. Indeed from the exchange we had they are not adding a markup, that is not to say they aren't adding equipment fees (tint, alarm, film, etc). So far so good.
Actually, they don't add anything you do not want. And there is no pressure to buy any add-on. Nothing, Zip, Nada. This policy is on their website for anyone to see. <Hyundai Dealer in Palm Springs | Palm Springs Hyundai>

No purchase is required, so don't worry about having to pay extra for mandatory "stuff" like tint, alarm, or overpriced wax job. A few days ago I picked up my Limited AWD. Paid MSRP - Sticker Price. See my posting:
Lucid Blue Ioniq 5 Limited AWD – Photos – First Impressions – Electrify America Charging Strategy

A pleasant experience. (I also corrected Nick's email in my original posting.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Been about a week since my last communication with the dealer. Nobody has reached out as they said they would. I will reach out again in hopes to get on their list.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I contacted the dealer earlier this week and got a response as if none of the previous conversation took place. 🙄🙄 maybe they think I'm not serious or I dunno what. Will give benefit of the doubt and will make the roughly 80 mile (one way) trip to the dealer. Hopefully I will have a pleasant experience and can make something happen. Otherwise forget all these dealers and I'll just buy a Polestar.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I drove to Palm Springs and had a conversation with one of the sales persons there. I am happy to report that indeed they are not charging markup/addons. I am again very excited about this car. I hope I don't have to wait too long for more I5s to be delivered 😁😁😁

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited AWD
44 Posts
I drove to Palm Springs and had a conversation with one of the sales persons there. I am happy to report that indeed they are not charging markup/addons. I am again very excited about this car. I hope I don't have to wait too long for more I5s to be delivered 😁😁😁
Did they mention that you have to finance through them?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did they mention that you have to finance through them?
Actually, no, it is NOT required. I purchased my Limited there about ten days ago. Paid MSRP.

Like any dealer, they prefer you finance through them, but you can pay in full on purchase, or finance through them, or do it through your own bank or credit union. When signing the contract, I specifically asked what my financing options were and it was all left up to me.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited AWD
44 Posts
Actually, no, it is NOT required. I purchased my Limited there about ten days ago. Paid MSRP.

Like any dealer, they prefer you finance through them, but you can pay in full on purchase, or finance through them, or do it through your own bank or credit union. When signing the contract, I specifically asked what my financing options were and it was all left up to me.
Odd, they told me I have to finance through them. I would be buying out of state.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts