Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signed the paperwork yesterday and picking up my 2017 Ioniq Hybrid Premium SE with 40k miles on Wednesday 21/08 and I cant wait!

Trading in my 2017 i10 Premium which has served me well but as I now drive 76 miles a day just for work I wanted something safer, more powerful, more relaxing AND more economical for my drive.

I live in the north east of England.

Saw an Ioniq when i picked up my i10 nearly 2 years ago when they had just come to market, thought it looked nice but I would never afford one but here I am.
What attracted me to the Ioniq was the economy and equipment which rivals German luxury cars worth tripple the price (always wanted a Mercedes previously).
Honestly cannot see an upgrade path from the Premium SE spec car and I intend to keep it for many years to come.

·
Registered
Marina Blue HEV Ltd IONIQ from 25 Jul '17
1,863 Posts
Welcome @Cluso108

That's the great thing about the Ioniq Hybrid, is it's priced quite affordably, especially when buying used. Never fully realising the cost of a Prius, but rather always just believing a Hybrid was out of my price range, I was quite impressed when I came across the Ioniq. Ended up being the first car I bought new without a co-signer.

My understanding from UK Specs is the Premium SE is the top trim... I'm sure you'll really enjoy all the kit.

Congratulations!

·
Super Moderator
2,276 Posts
I wanted something safer, more powerful, more relaxing AND more economical for my drive.
Onto a winner on all counts , plus fuel savings to put toward the next one ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My understanding from UK Specs is the Premium SE is the top trim... I'm sure you'll really enjoy all the kit.
Correct! Im giddy with excitemen, can't wait to get in it.

On my drive to work in my i10 1.0 today i got 65MPG UK (all motorway 55mph - 65mph), hoping for 80+ in the Ioniq however I understand there is a learning curve going to hybrid hypermiling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked it up yesterday and loving it, 72MPG home yesterday and 81.7MPG to work today, 76 mile round trip.

Got SCC set to slow, LKAS set to active, a dream to drive on the motorway and in town its a blast to see how long I can keep it en EV mode.

The power in Sport mode is great too.

Loving the ventilated seats.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts