Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my PHEV into Richmond Motor Group at Guildford for the firmware and map update. So much for cultivating the senior engineer, he has moved on......to Jaguar Landrover. However that is not the issue it all went smoothly and took a little over an hour.

My major disappointment is that the mileage records are still to one place of decimals and max at 99.9. I understand that this has been corrected already for later models and I think it could and should have been corrected here. (I have been involved with computer system design and programming since the 1960's and sloppy programming annoys me). At least it is not as bad as the Canadian episode,

Soon to see if two non existent speed cameras have fallen off the map.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I emailed Hyundai UK about the mileage issue and they have chosen not to respond.

Regarding the two non existent speed cameras within a few yards of each other - their beeps simply serve to warn me I am nearly home.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm curious, what's "the Canadian episode"?
It would be about a year ago if I remember correctly, there are several threads about it on the forum.

The range displays were incorrect along the lines of getting confused between miles and kilometres, figures not being the same as the specs etc. It took several months before Hyundai did a software update. It seems all quiet now so I guess it has been sorted satisfactorily.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think you need to go back to the dealer, or a different dealer, to get the software updated in the instrument cluster. It is a simple task that shouldn't take longer than an hour to complete. What is the mpg figure recorded in the infotainment system?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think you need to go back to the dealer, or a different dealer, to get the software updated in the instrument cluster. It is a simple task that shouldn't take longer than an hour to complete. What is the mpg figure recorded in the infotainment system?

My first post was as a result of getting the latest software update, I was hoping to see the upgrade as I know the limit has disappeared for the 2018 models. I think the re-coding is a relatively simple task which is why I am irritated by it. I would be very interested to hear of any 2017 models which are able to display higher than 99.9mpg in the infotainment system or trip display.

·
Registered
294 Posts
My July 2017 PHEV still shows 99.9 and it has the latest software.
There must be a good number of 2017 PHEV drivers to force Hyundai to make the change. A couple of display format changes in the code. They can drop the decimals for me.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The software of the infotainment system is different to the software in the instrument cluster. When you had the maps updated, the software of the infotainment system would be the only control unit to be updated. I think this is done by SD card but the instrument cluster has to be updated with GDS via the diagnostic port.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts