Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Should work.

You can lock it with the keyhole behind the door handle when Utility Mode is on.
Yes, I know about the workarounds.
I don’t want to do the workarounds, with 7 pushes on the infotainment and using the physical key.
I want Hyundai to program a shortcut, and for me to step out of the car and lock the door without the alarm to go off, or the car to get 500 degrees inside. The dog mode should also send me a warning if the interior temperature reaches 25 centigrades, that will make the function even better than Tesla’s.
Edit: Better option for a warning would be a delta difference of interior temperature of (let’s say) 5 degrees from preset air conditioning.

·
Registered
MY20 Kona Highlander electric
374 Posts
Yes, I know about the workarounds.
I don’t want to do the workarounds, with 7 pushes on the infotainment and using the physical key.
I want Hyundai to program a shortcut, and for me to step out of the car and lock the door without the alarm to go off, or the car to get 500 degrees inside. The dog mode should also send me a warning if the interior temperature reaches 25 centigrades, that will make the function even better than Tesla’s.
Edit: Better option for a warning would be a delta difference of interior temperature of (let’s say) 5 degrees from preset air conditioning.
Good suggestion. Hopefully will be taken on board by Hyundai programmers for future update.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
56 Posts
So I tried today, with utility mode on you can't lock the door from outside with the keyfob or with bluelink.

One method I found was to open driver door window, get out, then reach through the window to press the door lock button on the inside and then press the close window switch and quickly get your arm out! Far from ideal but it worked.

I then was stuck for a bit how to open the car. Unlock on the keyfob didn't work, and it didn't allow the door button to be touched to unlock either. Bluelink did work to unlock!

I'm guessing both to lock and unlock the emergency manual key would have worked but I didn't try this.

So a much easier 'dog mode' type of facility would be good!

It might just be easier to lock the car and activate climate from Bluelink which I think works for 15 min? That's long enough for a quick pop to loo or buy a coffee on a long journey which is all I'd use it for as you can't take dog inside with you if you need to stop for this on a long journey.

The inside sensor alarm can be disabled through the menu so that's not an issue.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD 73Kwh
128 Posts
Dog mode:
Like an utility mode “light”(no need for V2L or USB), air conditioning on, and alarm off, message in centre screen like in Tesla.
We use a “dog mode” with blue link:
leaving the car on with AA on with the desire temperature and closing the car with the iPhone, bluelink.
when you return to the car you must open the car with bluelink.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
56 Posts
We use a “dog mode” with blue link:
leaving the car on with AA on
Sorry what's 'AA on'?
Are you in utility mode when you do this or are you talking about a way of doing this by not using utility mode?

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD 73Kwh
128 Posts
Sorry what's 'AA on'?
Are you in utility mode when you do this or are you talking about a way of doing this by not using utility mode?
AA is in Spanish, sorry! AC, air conditioning!
I never use utility mode, this summer we left our aussies several times in the truck (we were close to the car watching over and this way never fail) with two usb vents (from AliExpress mounted on the back seats) on and AC (21 degrees) on
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
56 Posts
AA is in Spanish, sorry! AC, air conditioning!
I never use utility mode, this summer we left our aussies several times in the truck (we were close to the car watching over and this way never fail) with two usb vents (from AliExpress mounted on the back seats) on and AC (21 degrees) on
View attachment 36235
Ah thanks you, so you turn the car off and lock it, and then set climate /air conditioning on the bluelink app? I think that works for 15 min? I have the same fan, I think I must have ordered one if you posted a link previously!

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD 73Kwh
128 Posts
Ah thanks you, so you turn the car off and lock it, and then set climate /air conditioning on the bluelink app? I think that works for 15 min? I have the same fan, I think I must have ordered one if you posted a link previously!
Sorry, my poor English causes I can not explain it correctly!
I don’t turn off the car. I left the car On (with knob in my pocket) with AC running and use only bluelink to lock the doors, with car On you can not locks the doors with knob and, curiously, if you lock the doors with bluelink you only can unlock it with bluelink, knob don not work (only open the trunk works)
if you turn off the car and use bluelink to start AC it only works a few minutes that you say.
in this way you can left the car with AC during a lot of time (you must have enough battery!) and without the knob nobody can use the car…

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
56 Posts
Sorry, my poor English causes I can not explain it correctly!
I don’t turn off the car. I left the car On (with knob in my pocket)
Thank you, I understand your solution - leave car fully on in drive mode. Lock door with bluelink. Nobody can steal car because keyfob is with you and not in car.

I will experiment with this to try it.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
456 Posts
First let me say I don't have an Ioniq 5 (not available yet in the US). All keyless cars I have driven will allow them to be driven without be keyfob present. Only after you shut off the car it will not start. But you do have the protection of the car being locked.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD 73Kwh
128 Posts
First let me say I don't have an Ioniq 5 (not available yet in the US). All keyless cars I have driven will allow them to be driven without be keyfob present. Only after you shut off the car it will not start. But you do have the protection of the car being locked.
Here, in Spain, the Ioniq 5 is not keyless. You can not drive it whiteout the keyfob!

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think I misunderstood this thread.
I thought it was some kind of wish list to Hyundai for wanted software updates, but it seems to have become some sorts of workaround thread instead?

do I understand this correctly? I should leave my car in D and lock it via app?

what’s the drain in this scenario?

for my dog to keep cool/warm, I would only need the a/c to work, keeping everything else running as well is unwanted vampire drain.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I think I misunderstood this thread.
I thought it was some kind of wish list to Hyundai for wanted software updates, but it seems to have become some sorts of workaround thread instead?

do I understand this correctly? I should leave my car in D and lock it via app?
Fine if some have solutions for things people want, even if it's workarounds to something Hyundai could impliment.

Leave it in P, but don't hit the start/stop button, when you leave, then lock and unlock from phone.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sorry, my post came out harsher than it was meant.
I appreciate the tips for w/a.
However I also think that a new function to make it easier to leave my dog in the car without it “running” would be highly appreciated by a lot of people.

another function I miss from my Tesla is “Joe Mode”, the pling plongs in the I5 is driving me mad.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Didin't find your replay to be harsh at all.

Found myself a small workaround on the wish for a parking mode. Since it's only me that drives the car, I used the seat posision nr 2 to be the same as nr 1, but only with the mirrors down. And turned off all guidelines on the camera, was a little to much with 2-3 colored lines one every view. The forward camera comes on when going forward too, hadn't noticed that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry, my post came out harsher than it was meant.
I appreciate the tips for w/a.
However I also think that a new function to make it easier to leave my dog in the car without it “running” would be highly appreciated by a lot of people.

another function I miss from my Tesla is “Joe Mode”, the pling plongs in the I5 is driving me mad.
Exactly what noises are you referring to? The only noise/beep I can't find how to deactivate in IONIQ 5 was the noise when you confirm new speed up/down. Otherwise it's not saying much unless you "start" the car without a seatbelt on. Welcome and Exit sounds can also be disabled. Joe Mode in Tesla is great, except that it makes the indicator sound too quiet and the rest is still too loud. Didn't really help tbh. And if you only have standard auto pilot you really get tired to hear the noises when you swap lane (as it disables AP and you have to enable it again). I wish AP noises could be muted.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 AWD 73
47 Posts
Here, in Spain, the Ioniq 5 is not keyless. You can not drive it whiteout the keyfob!
You probably can if the ignition is already on (!).
So if someone smashes the window and gets in they can drive off.

I will test this tomorrow.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
How did you set up the car to have the forward camera automatically come on?
Don't know :D
Though I just had missed it because I wasn't used to it yet, but since it doesn't work, it might have been set at automatic some how when I used the kamera button, and selected forward while parking once, and it has been doing it automaticly ever since. Try to pick it while in reverse, than go forward or something.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts