Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you not use Waze to show speed and have that set as km/hr?

For the clock, that can appear as a split screen option when using Android Auto, admittedly it's not in the centre but it's a relatively large clock.
Yep thanks, I was more after the MPH and KPH in the main drivers screen. But yep setting the clock up on the split screen works, just seems strange to have all that wasted space in the main drivers view, the way it is encourages you to take your eyes off the road for key information. That said only minor things, I'm absolutely loving the car otherwise.

·
Registered
Waiting for delivery of RWD 73KW Premium Ioniq 5
17 Posts
A nice simple update - remove the speed restriction that stops the mirrors being folded above 12MPH - to me this is a daft restriction - having your wing mirror being removed by another one coming the other way is unsafe, especially when you can switch to have the camera view of what is behind. I cannot remember the last car I had which didn't allow foldback for travelling on narrow lanes and none of them allowed the reversing camera to be used whilst going forward.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 2021, Special Edition LR RWD, Galactic Grey
79 Posts
-Have a permanent off for lane assist option. Since it has driver profile, this should be an option. It's great that there is a shortcut button, but don't like that it comes on automaticly every time I start the car. I know it's a safety thing, but so it the find the damn button too when it starts to work against me. We have too many bad roads here in Norway, and it comes and goes all the time.
Check page 7-26 onwards in the Owner's Manual
Output device Gadget Peripheral Audio equipment Font

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
56 Posts
I don't know where it has been sourced from, but the picture above isn't the same as p7-27 of my UK printed edition of the manual. In the UK edition printed manual it clearly states that for Europe, Australia, Russia - "Whenever the vehicle is turned on, Lane Keeping Assist will always turn on".

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 2021, Special Edition LR RWD, Galactic Grey
79 Posts
I don't know where it has been sourced from, but the picture above isn't the same as p7-27 of my UK printed edition of the manual. In the UK edition printed manual it clearly states that for Europe, Australia, Russia - "Whenever the vehicle is turned on, Lane Keeping Assist will always turn on".
Mea Culpa 😞
The quoted manual was sourced from here: 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 - Owner's Manual - PDF (680 Pages)

My printed manual says the same as yours, and I just went down to my garage and verified that it reverts to "on" at each power-on (which I personally don't mind).

Maybe it is a requirement for NCAP rating or something?

Sorry for the confusion ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Mea Culpa 😞
The quoted manual was sourced from here: 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5 - Owner's Manual - PDF (680 Pages)

My printed manual says the same as yours, and I just went down to my garage and verified that it reverts to "on" at each power-on (which I personally don't mind).

Maybe it is a requirement for NCAP rating or something?

Sorry for the confusion ;)
Seems to be a EU thing, more stuff that will be mandatori from 2022 an anwards too, but still don't think they have forced the "all new cars must have backup camera" as the US have since 2019 or so. So VAG can still put that as an option on their cars...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
I'd like a toggle in settings to disable creep... I hate creep, it's the worst part of automatic cars.
Isn't it just to turn on auto hold? It has it's own button next to the parkingbreake (In the UK to the right of the steering wheel).

EDIT: Seems like it's like the Lane Assist, comes on again with next startup, so one have to turn it on every time, which is a little annoying. Personally I find creep to be very useful, spesially with parking where I can just hold my foot on the break while backing in. The Ioniq has a very quick response to the "gass" pedal. Had the car already emergancy break for me while parking because of it. That was a nice feature preventing me from hitting the concrete wall.

·
Registered
MY20 Kona Highlander electric
374 Posts
I'd like a toggle in settings to disable creep... I hate creep, it's the worst part of automatic cars.
I thought pressing the brake firmly when stopped would disable/disconnect the engine (or whatever you call a clutch in EVs) ?? At least that’s the way it worked in my previous cars. If not, then I agree with you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Isn't it just to turn on auto hold? It has it's own button next to the parkingbreake (In the UK to the right of the steering wheel)
That will stop moving it once the car is stopped, but it will still roll off once released. I prefer it when my car only goes when I press the go pedal.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
There is a thread on it here: Issue with auto hold on Ioniq 5

Seems like firm press also aktivates it.
I-pedal also work great at holding the car until pressing the go pedal. But haven't gotten used to it yet, to much re-gen, and to mushy while pressing go again.
(re-gen 3 is about what I was used to from eGolf in B, and seems to slow the car down to basicly stand still too, and is remembered on startup)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Dog mode:
Like an utility mode “light”(no need for V2L or USB), air conditioning on, and alarm off, message in centre screen like in Tesla.
I do remember seeing that it has a Campermode, which is the same as dog mode, but without the message on the screen. Tesla has only added the message to dog mode, other than that it's the same as camper mode.

Adding a message should be an easy thing for them to add.

Have noticed they have a warning about checking the back seat when leaving the car, if the back doors have been opened, so they do think about people not forgetting kids in the back seats, so adding something to warn people that dogs isn't left in hot cars in the summer should be a good thing to have.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Have you found an easy way to lock the doors and deactivate the alarm when in “utility mode”.

I want an automated function doing this for me, and because utility mode will leave “everything” on, resulting in higher battery drain, I think a dog mode would be a convenient feature.

Knowing that all the different functions are readily available at different places in the GUI/Software, should make it an easy implementation.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I imagen the alarm is deactivated in camper mode, as he sleeps in the car.... Or the alarm is deactivated as he locked the door from the inside?! Dont know.. sorry mate

·
Registered
69 Posts
In dog mode, I want to be able to easily lock the doors from outside, and keep the alarm off.
I can either train my dog to lock the car from inside, or get Hyundai to program a dog mode.

I know about the utility mode, but unless there’s an easy way I haven’t figured out yet to; a)lock the car from outside b)keep the alarm from going off, a dog mode would be a much more convenient function for us dog owners, than the current utility/camper mode is.

·
Registered
54 Posts
In dog mode, I want to be able to easily lock the doors from outside, and keep the alarm off.
I can either train my dog to lock the car from inside, or get Hyundai to program a dog mode.

I know about the utility mode, but unless there’s an easy way I haven’t figured out yet to; a)lock the car from outside b)keep the alarm from going off, a dog mode would be a much more convenient function for us dog owners, than the current utility/camper mode is.
You could try it out, put your dog in the car, switch on utility mode lock the car from the outside, get your dog to jump around in the car and see what happens with the alarm? :)

I will try this on the weekend otherwise !

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
56 Posts
I read that after setting utility mode you can lock the car via Bluelink app to do this? Haven't tried myself yet, have you tried it?

21 - 40 of 79 Posts