Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have had the car for a soon to be 2 weeks.

And have a few wishes for Hyundai to update the software with.
I'm guessing someone else also have some of these.

Here's mine so far:

-Manual parking mode: I have a very tight parking at work, getting both in and out, and would love a manual parking mode where I can push a button under the P-button, and activate the side mirrors to go down, and both the blindspot cameras go aktiv, and have the screen splitt in 3, with 360, and both front and rear cameras showing at the same time
Today the mirrors only go down when reversing, and go up way to fast when I have to go forward alittle. And I often do need them to get out of the spot too.
The blindspot cameras would help alot also, since they seems to stay clear, and the rear view gets almost useless when raining. The front camera is helpful since I have a wall in front, and would be easier to see how close I get.

-Have the pre-heating work unplugged as long as the battery is over 20% (or have us have the % adjustable). I don't have to plug in everyday to charge, but seems I will have to now that winter is coming to pre-heat.

-Have a short cut to the pre-heating under climat, and not just through the EV screen (I always start looking in the climat tab.

-Have a permanent off for lane assist option. Since it has driver profile, this should be an option. It's great that there is a shortcut button, but don't like that it comes on automaticly every time I start the car. I know it's a safety thing, but so it the find the damn button too when it starts to work against me. We have too many bad roads here in Norway, and it comes and goes all the time.

-Have a pin code to activate Valet mode. Now it can be activated by everyone by entering a Pin code for deactivate it. But it's too easy for somebody to activate it for fun, and I'm betting someone will forget the pin they entered (At least I was able to move it to the second shortcut screen, so it's not that visible anymore)

-Have music information in the instrument cluster screen. When using Android Auto (and guessing Carplay) there is no way to see what's playing since the splitscreen don't work with AA. The small pop-up when each song starts isn't enough. For me there's noting else useful for dailydriving in the center of that screen anyway. (EDIT: Split screen works, option is hidden when phone is connected. Disconect Phone, and search for "Phone p" in English, and choose the second from top, and chose split screen)

-Release an official wireless Android Auto and Carplay dongle so we don't have to try unofficial versions that might don't work.

-More tracks when connected with music USB. 8000 songs just isn't enough for some of us. I finally get a car that can handle every filetype I have, and it's hard to get down to just 8000 songs from my +50.000 song library. Not everybody uses Spotify or phone to play music yet. And supporting FLAC and 24bit it seems that Hyundai knows this too, but limiting to 8000 is to little.

-Under album selection, don't have the songs in alfabetical order, they need to be in album order, as it is under folder selection.

-Ability to make playlists on the fly. Since it's good enough that it can remove songs (Great addition), why not have us add artist, album, folders or songs to a playlist?

-Better music controll. I'm one of those wierdos that uses randomplaying, I5 works great on all songs, but not always on a folder or artist. On artist it seems to be working, but after a couple of starts and stops, it suddenly reverts to all songs.

·
Registered
Project 45 Phantom Black
46 Posts
All great suggestions that should be implemented.
I would add these two.

1. Connect the keys to profiles so that the car knows who is unlocking the car and can select the correct profile automatically. It's surprising that this is not already in place like with so many other brands.
2. Add a setting to enable the charging indicator in the charge port to turn off after the car is locked. Now it blinks all night, ptentially attracting unwanted attention.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD + Tech + Eco GG
157 Posts
-Have the pre-heating work unplugged as long as the battery is over 20% (or have us have the % adjustable). I don't have to plug in everyday to charge, but seems I will have to now that winter is coming to pre-heat.
The pre-heating does work unplugged or are you saying that if the charge is below 20% the car has to be plugged in to pre-heat but if it's over 20% it doesn't?

·
Registered
6 Posts
  • OTA Updates
  • Improve performance of Bluelink app
  • Wireless Apple Car Play (I read somewhere that is not possible because not have a wi-fi module)
  • A few HP for free :D

·
Registered
Project 45 Phantom Black
46 Posts
The pre-heating does work unplugged or are you saying that if the charge is below 20% the car has to be plugged in to pre-heat but if it's over 20% it doesn't?
Scheduled preheating does not work unplugged, though you can start preheating manually via the app unplugged.

·
Registered
54 Posts
  • OTA Updates
  • Improve performance of Bluelink app
  • Wireless Apple Car Play (I read somewhere that is not possible because not have a wi-fi module)
  • A few HP for free :D
@JavOLeeN it has a Wifi Modul, at least all the information I found that it has one! But not confirmed for sure :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Scheduled preheating does not work unplugged, though you can start preheating manually via the app unplugged.
That's correct. Was meaning the pre-scheduled one, haven't gotten that one to work unplugged, the manual from app works fine.

Ment that it's ok it won't work unplugged if the battery is 20% or lower, but over it should work. And it would be a plus if one could adjust the lowers state of charge to, so if I need 30% to get to work, It's say it shouldn't preheat below 40% (As an example)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have had the car for a soon to be 2 weeks.

And have a few wishes for Hyundai to update the software with.
I'm guessing someone else also have some of these.

Here's mine so far:

-Manual parking mode: I have a very tight parking at work, getting both in and out, and would love a manual parking mode where I can push a button under the P-button, and activate the side mirrors to go down, and both the blindspot cameras go aktiv, and have the screen splitt in 3, with 360, and both front and rear cameras showing at the same time
Today the mirrors only go down when reversing, and go up way to fast when I have to go forward alittle. And I often do need them to get out of the spot too.
The blindspot cameras would help alot also, since they seems to stay clear, and the rear view gets almost useless when raining. The front camera is helpful since I have a wall in front, and would be easier to see how close I get.

-Have a short cut to the pre-heating under climat, and not just through the EV screen (I always start looking in the climat tab.

-Have a permanent off for lane assist option. Since it has driver profile, this should be an option. It's great that there is a shortcut button, but don't like that it comes on automaticly every time I start the car. I know it's a safety thing, but so it the find the damn button too when it starts to work against me. We have too many bad roads here in Norway, and it comes and goes all the time.

-Have a pin code to activate Valet mode. Now it can be activated by everyone by entering a Pin code for deactivate it. But it's too easy for somebody to activate it for fun, and I'm betting someone will forget the pin they entered (At least I was able to move it to the second shortcut screen, so it's not that visible anymore)

-Have music information in the instrument cluster screen. When using Android Auto (and guessing Carplay) there is no way to see what's playing since the splitscreen don't work with AA. The small pop-up when each song starts isn't enough. For me there's noting else useful for dailydriving in the center of that screen anyway.

-Release an official wireless Android Auto and Carplay dongle so we don't have to try unofficial versions that might don't work.

-More tracks when connected with music USB. 8000 songs just isn't enough for some of us. I finally get a car that can handle every filetype I have, and it's hard to get down to just 8000 songs from my +50.000 song library. Not everybody uses Spotify or phone to play music yet. And supporting FLAC and 24bit it seems that Hyundai knows this too, but limiting to 8000 is to little.

-Under album selection, don't have the songs in alfabetical order, they need to be in album order, as it is under folder selection.

-Ability to make playlists on the fly. Since it's good enough that it can remove songs (Great addition), why not have us add artist, album, folders or songs to a playlist?

-Better music controll. I'm one of those wierdos that uses randomplaying, I5 works great on all songs, but not always on a folder or artist. On artist it seems to be working, but after a couple of starts and stops, it suddenly reverts to all songs.

You pretty much summarize all my needs, I just find it extremely strange that you can't see what is playing in the center of your view I even listen to DAB a lot and haven't found out how.

When it comes to parking, I really could do with having both blind spot cameras active when pulling into a very tight garage (you can indicate and which ever way you are indicating the camera activates which is helpful for a start, but both would be much better)

What i really wish is that Hyundai would have a suggestions box, and then let you follow your suggestion through the system. But I guess with the way the automotive trade works with dealerships that is never likely to happen !

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 (E0a), 73 kWh Core RWD - Cyber Gray (C5G)
24 Posts
-Have music information in the instrument cluster screen. When using Android Auto (and guessing Carplay) there is no way to see what's playing since the splitscreen don't work with AA. The small pop-up when each song starts isn't enough. For me there's noting else useful for dailydriving in the center of that screen anyway.
AA and split screen do work. So you can see your media (or radio) on the right part of the screen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
  • routeplanning with included charging stops
  • OTA Updates and or the official release off the website in Europe updates.Hyundai.com
I don't have the Ioniq 5 yet, or any EV, but this, to me, seems to be very important. Also, have the state of charge estimate on arrival of the next charger.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
456 Posts
Doesn't the screen show charging point along your nav route and allow you to filter the type of charging point you want? Being in the US we have nothing to test.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Doesn't the screen show charging point along your nav route and allow you to filter the type of charging point you want? Being in the US we have nothing to test.
This is the confusing part. I've seen some youtube reviews that said it didn't route plan via chargers and some that said you could see chargers on the map and filter them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AA and split screen do work. So you can see your media (or radio) on the right part of the screen.

I found the solution for the AA and split screen on my way home, and posted it. Didn't have time to fix it in this thread.

·
Registered
Project 45 Phantom Black
46 Posts
This is the confusing part. I've seen some youtube reviews that said it didn't route plan via chargers and some that said you could see chargers on the map and filter them.
It does not suggest charging points when you set up a route that require charging. It does show chargers on the map and also the closest ones on the EV screen. It does alert you if you don't have enough juice to reach your destination and tells you to charge, then with info on the closest charger. It does not choose the best charger available, only the closest. If you use the Chargefinder app you get all these functions including the availability on the charge points so that's what I use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You pretty much summarize all my needs, I just find it extremely strange that you can't see what is playing in the center of your view I even listen to DAB a lot and haven't found out how.

When it comes to parking, I really could do with having both blind spot cameras active when pulling into a very tight garage (you can indicate and which ever way you are indicating the camera activates which is helpful for a start, but both would be much better)

What i really wish is that Hyundai would have a suggestions box, and then let you follow your suggestion through the system. But I guess with the way the automotive trade works with dealerships that is never likely to happen !
Oh after the little run with the kids to school this morning, be useful to have a clock in the center dash. To be honest most of that is wasted space.

Another little thing being in the UK we are still hooked on imperial (to my continental and Canadian friends on this site don't get me started) however like a normal human I like to see my speed in Km/hr as well as MPH, my last 3 cars showed this !!

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD + Tech + Eco GG
157 Posts
Oh after the little run with the kids to school this morning, be useful to have a clock in the center dash. To be honest most of that is wasted space.

Another little thing being in the UK we are still hooked on imperial (to my continental and Canadian friends on this site don't get me started) however like a normal human I like to see my speed in Km/hr as well as MPH, my last 3 cars showed this !!
Can you not use Waze to show speed and have that set as km/hr?

For the clock, that can appear as a split screen option when using Android Auto, admittedly it's not in the centre but it's a relatively large clock.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Facts on Navi and Route planning
  • You see charging point along the route
  • If you start a navigation that is further than you range per charge it tells you so and you can list chargers along the route and select one.
    However, it does not do it automatically like in a Tesla or the newer Mercedes Models.
    (For me in Europe that is not a big problem the highway high speed chargers are fairly dense, not sure about your situation in the States)
  • State of charge at arrival seems to be somewhere but hidden, at least of what I read.
  • The listing of charging stations will show you the operational status (available, in use, out of order) However it seems that this does not work smoothly for some software versions at the moment.
    (Alternative is chargemap App via AA or Carplay)
  • While browsing the map, the charge stations are only shown as annotations on the map on a fairly close zoom level.
There is a rumoured Autmn Update coming, that hopefully adds more software features like, OTA, wireless AA/Carplay and hopefully better routeplanning with chargers...

·
Registered
Project 45 Phantom Black
46 Posts
I have the split screen always active and then you can swipe up/down to choose what you want for the small part, for instance a large clock.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts