Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
AE.3 IONIQ EV Hatch Elite 100KW 38.3 KWH
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in Australia and I wonder about the accuracy of the owners manual.

One item I would like your feedback please is for example on page 5-21 it is stated when the Smart Recuperation is engaged the word "Auto" is displayed in "White" and when a proceeding vehicle is detected the white changes to "Blue" and Auto Recuperation takes effect. In my car what happens when I engage smart recuperation the LV2 (default setting for Eco mode) is extinguished and only when a proceeding car is detected the word "Auto" is displayed in "White"! Smart Recuperation works correctly but not indicated as detailed in the owners manual..

How is it displayed in your car please. I guess this only applies to Aussie Ioniq EV 2020 as it seems there are so many variations worldwide.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Mine is displayed White when detecting a vehicle just like the lanes are in Lane Keep Assist. I don't remember what it said in the manual though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Reading the manual, it mentions that Smart Recuperation works with Smart Cruise Control System - If Equipped. Unless I am missing something, our UK BEV models don't have Smart Cruise Control hence why Auto never turns Blue?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Reading the manual, it mentions that Smart Recuperation works with Smart Cruise Control System - If Equipped. Unless I am missing something, our UK BEV models don't have Smart Cruise Control hence why Auto never turns Blue?
They do have Smart Cruise Control... have you enabled it? It's the same as adaptive cruise control so it brakes and accelerates based on the speed of car in front.

·
Registered
6 Posts
They do have Smart Cruise Control... have you enabled it? It's the same as adaptive cruise control so it brakes and accelerates based on the speed of car in front.
I apologise, I may be getting confused. Had enable cruise control and the car does brake and accelerate according to the car in-front and this was before I found and enabled the Smart Recuperation . So what/how is smart recuperation meant to work

·
Registered
98 Posts
I apologise, I may be getting confused. Had enable cruise control and the car does brake and accelerate according to the car in-front and this was before I found and enabled the Smart Recuperation . So what/how is smart recuperation meant to work
It basically just works the same as if smart cruise is enabled (though it won't bring you to a complete stop).
So if you approach a junction and there is a car in front, it applies additional regen braking. Also if the road is on a decline too I believe.
You can deactivate it easily by pulling and holding the right paddle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts