Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a random problem with my newish 2020 Plug In. A couple of weeks ago my Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) and Smart Cruise Control (SCC) have started to fail. First it was the EPB, not sure if the SCC wasn't working, I wasn't driving the car at the time it first happened, but as I have driven the car for the last 2 weeks, and today Sunday 12/27, and last sunday, the SCC failed while I was using it, and the EPB warning light comes on. For some reason, when this happens, I also lose control of the Auto Hold feature. Auto Hold goes orange on the dash.

Has anyone else experience the SCC stop working, or the EPB not engaging properly?

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
556 Posts
This is an issue for your dealer to investigate under warranty as you appear to have an electrical gremlin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is an issue for your dealer to investigate under warranty as you appear to have an electrical gremlin.
So it seems. Went to dealer once, technician said it was a third party security system add-on that original dealer had put on. I was able to get it removed, but the issue happened again today, one week after it happened last. I'm waking up early and taking it back to my local dealer.

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,218 Posts
In winter driving in certain snow/sleet conditions I've had SCC fail due to build up on the radar, and AEB (Auto Emergency Brake) will of course fail along with it within the next half minute. It clears itself after a warm up in the garage or a change in weather conditions. Was it maybe that and you thought it was EPB?

Of course that wouldn't explain Auto Hold not working, hmm... Best I can come up with; hope the dealer gets it sorted for you quickly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So it seems. Went to dealer once, technician said it was a third party security system add-on that original dealer had put on. I was able to get it removed, but the issue happened again today, one week after it happened last. I'm waking up early and taking it back to my local dealer.
Was there a resolution after going to the dealer a second time? I have the same issue.

I had put a small gash in a tire sidewall and thus needed to have my car towed to a nearby dealer a couple weeks ago to have the tire replaced. Now, every 3-5 times I start the car, the "EPB" and "AUTO HOLD" amber lights are on, and when these are on, I cannot use (smart) cruise control; I'm still trying to figure out if the car drives differently (I don't think it does?).

Additional information that I think may be useful: when the tow truck arrived, I drove the car onto the tow truck, set the parking brake, and gave the keys to the tow truck driver to have him drop off the car. It is possible he didn't release the parking brake when taking my car off the tow truck. Could this have triggered something in the AUTO HOLD and EPB system? I called the dealer today to schedule an appointment to have this looked at, and I let the service office know it only started after I picked up the car from the dealer a couple weeks ago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts