Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
if I am right, the electric version of Ioniq has a SCC version that is able to not deactivate also when the car in front stops and then restart (and the Ioniq will restart too following the front car).
The PHEV version instead has an SCC system that deactivate itself when speed is lower than 30km/h (or 10 km/h).
The system is of course the same so I think there is some setting that state which is the lower speed to achieve before deactivation.

Someone knows if there is any "service" settings about this?
Do you think it is a "firmware" set or some OBD or diagnostic setting?

Every other brand of cars has some settings (differences between models or markets) that can be customized by service....

Thank you
Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anyone ever find an answer to the question? I wonder if there is an update that the dealer can do that will give you stop and go abilities.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Full stop and go requires electrical parking brakes, which I think the PHEV has. But it also requires really good sensors and the powerful computers and software to run them. Hyundai is not ready to do that yet, and will never do that except on a new model.

There are always some ability for dealers to change certain settings, but this won't be one of them! Certainly in the US, there is too much liability in pushing adjustable settings to the max.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
One would think! One interesting difference between 2017 and 2018 US models is that lane keeping (LKAS) was not available on the 2017 - one reason I was happy I waited for the 2018 model. Identical hardware as far as I know, but no retrofits available. The full stop and go issue between the BEV and PHEV sounds very similar. Other than Tesla, manufacturers don't ever seem to make new features available.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No news from my side.
But consider that Ioniq Phev Cruise Control need at least 30Km/H to be activated but it works until speed does not go below 10Km/h, so it is almost stopped when CC disengage.
So I am sure the hardware is the same. It is only a matter of software and I think law certifications.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
SCC with Stop and Go is available on the hybrid Premium SE spec in the UK, that is the top level of spec here. So would expect the PHEV to be the same, although some countries may not allow it.

·
Registered
2018,premium SE
1 Posts
SCC with Stop and Go is available on the hybrid Premium SE spec in the UK, that is the top level of spec here. So would expect the PHEV to be the same, although some countries may not allow it.
Not on mine. If the car comes to a complete stop then it disables SCC.

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,816 Posts
The BEV does have full stop and go though, @yticolev. The question was can it be brought over to the PHEV, and this I do not know.
My understanding is that in order for Stop & Go to work, it needs the tech of an electronic Parking Brake, which has always been available on the EV model, but not on the HEV or PHEV until MY2020. For this reason, there would be no way to implement it on a pre-MY2020 HEV or PHEV through a simple software update. It would require a hardware upgrade as well.

I see you have the 2020 model. This explains it.

Not on mine. If the car comes to a complete stop then it disables SCC.
Is your's pre-MY2020? That would explain it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts