Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Administrator
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Share a picture of where you park your car with the Hyundai IONIQ Community!

Messy or neat share a picture of your garage/driveway/parking spot.

*Correction made to accommodate everyone :)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Not man you people have garages in UK.. or if they do, they're like mine and in the back of the house and don't fit a car.

·
Registered
373 Posts
My garage is full of stuff. No room for a car and never has been

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
I had the same (too small, much stuff inside), so I reconstructed it as my new bedroom some time ago. But just since this week I have a new, very small garage for my car, tailor made so that not any space is left when the car is inside, not even to open a door to leave the car. Maybe a picture will follow later today when I reach home.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Americans have all the fun.. full size houses with liveable basements and 2 car garages as standard. Everyone's got a driveway and the roads are sensibly big enough for cars to drive down them, unlike England, where I constantly feel like I'm driving in a ditch or on a curb. They've also got Red Lobster and IHOP. :(

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
.... just since this week I have a new, very small garage for my car, tailor made so that not any space is left when the car is inside, not even to open a door to leave the car. Maybe a picture will follow later today when I reach home.
So, after 4 months I did wash my car, and thought that this was good moment to start using this tailor made garage. The car is always under trees and from May on it will become dirty in one day from what is falling from these trees (from birds, from small insects living from the leaves, ...).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Americans have all the fun.. full size houses with liveable basements and 2 car garages as standard. Everyone's got a driveway and the roads are sensibly big enough for cars to drive down them, unlike England, where I constantly feel like I'm driving in a ditch or on a curb. They've also got Red Lobster and IHOP. :(
Not all of us do! :) My house has curb parking only. But yeah, at least we drive on the right side of the road ;-)

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
We back onto Tess' driving again??? 80/90mph down the footpath slamming on the brakes to swerve into the nearest layby.......I could draw some conclusions......

·
Registered
33 Posts
What American garage?

I live in a condominium complex so my Niquie Blue lives in parking lots nearly 24/7. Fortunately, at home all the neighbors know each others' cars; and at work I'm in a reserved spot so I know exactly who parks next to me. Knowing whose car is whose goes a long way toward preventing anonymous door-opening vultures, but I've already accepted that I'll end up with some dings sooner or later. So I simply keep a certain amount of body repair work in my operating budget... *sigh*

And, of course, I'm in Atlanta, where statistics show that the average driver is in at least a minor fender-bender about every 36 months. I had one shortly before I bought her so I am hoping it'll be later rather than sooner with her.

Here she is next to my two-doors-down neighbor's Corolla. Per HOA rules we are not allowed to back in to spaces lest the engine exhaust damage the landscaping (and, to be fair, I have actually seen damaged landscaping from backed-in cars).

Attachments

Reactions: volioniq

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
He is not a she.. does he even look like a she?
Blue trim, bad boy face.. it's a he. Lol

And yes if you live in an apartment obviously no garage but in the UK even 3 bedroom houses don't come with a garage as standard or a basement. I miss basements :( Used to have a pool table and bar in the basement of the house I lived in when over the pond.. and a 2 car garage.. and about an acre of back garden.. *sigh*

·
Registered
123 Posts
He is not a she.. does he even look like a she?
Blue trim, bad boy face.. it's a he. Lol

And yes if you live in an apartment obviously no garage but in the UK even 3 bedroom houses don't come with a garage as standard or a basement. I miss basements :( Used to have a pool table and bar in the basement of the house I lived in when over the pond.. and a 2 car garage.. and about an acre of back garden.. *sigh*
Are all Ioniq's hes? Or do you just like the idea of putting your foot down on a man and making him what do what you want? :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
Per HOA rules we are not allowed to back in to spaces lest the engine exhaust damage the landscaping (and, to be fair, I have actually seen damaged landscaping from backed-in cars).
D'ya know I have often seen signs prohibiting 'backed in' parking when I've been driving around the US, never could work out why!

Now I know... ;)

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Are all Ioniq's hes? Or do you just like the idea of putting your foot down on a man and making him what do what you want? :)
Haha.... maybe.

He definitely looks like a boy though..

Interesting how people have got home security cameras ... is it that bad where you live? :/

And no backing into spaces is a first on me... :confused:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts