Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks for giving it a try. Would you mind emailing the soulspy.log.2019XXXX.txt files recorded during the two attempts
On my latest attempt I got cell map to show up, so there is some progress. It took a bit to get it populated.

Interesting fact from it: The temp difference causes cell voltage variations, most likely relative to the physical locations of the cells inside the battery. This is good visualization and perfectly explains why the voltage differential exists between cells. Oh, the battery is perfect, kudos to LG & Hyundai!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys ! Have a question for you ! What ODB are you using on your Ioniq EV and are you keep it always plug in !? I want to use to the EVNotify app and Torque but want to make sure my odb is compatible.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got my adapter (mini ELM327) and it won't connect to the ECU on my IONIQ. I tried it on a GM truck and it works great. Any suggestions? What protocol does the IONIQ use? Tks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I already own a 'OBDLink LX' because the guys that made the brilliant app 'Hybrid Assistant' recommended this one. Now I read that it is not recommended here. First experiments show it seems to work. It also supports Torque's high speed mode. I haven't driven with it yet, because I still need to find or make a dashboard that fits my Samsung S7 screen, but is there anything I should look out for? Any test I can run to confirm or deny full compatibility?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have Torque Pro installed on my head unit. Both Torque Pro and ABRP were working fine until yesterday. I did everything according to these instructions and did not install any boot loader:

The list of apps installed is as follows:
- Total Commander
- SoundAbout
- EasyTouch
- Torque Pro
- Vanced Youtube
- Chrome

It started with Torque Pro showing "Faulty OBD Adapter" on the side of the screen and then some weird values showing in Torque, like the battery temperature at 8 degrees C and the SoC at 0%.

Now when I start the car, the multimedia unit stays at the Hyundai logo startup screen and doesn't react to anything anymore.

I've tried
- shutting down and restarting the car
- Pressing the reset pin next to the volume button
- Attaching a keyboard to the USB adapter and pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del, the screen flashes and then the logo comes back up again.

So, have I bricked my multimedia system?

Does anyone else also have a unit that's stuck at the Hyundai logo? If so, how did you solve it? Is it possible to re-initialize the unit somehow or did you have to go to the dealer to have it replaced?

Kind regards,
McTrex

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
I already own a 'OBDLink LX' because the guys that made the brilliant app 'Hybrid Assistant' recommended this one. Now I read that it is not recommended here. First experiments show it seems to work. It also supports Torque's high speed mode. I haven't driven with it yet, because I still need to find or make a dashboard that fits my Samsung S7 screen, but is there anything I should look out for? Any test I can run to confirm or deny full compatibility?
The 'OBDLink LX' won't work with the Soul EVs TPMS sensors. see below. You don't need this for the Ioniq, so you should be fine.

Yes. please test the TPMS. we have had reports that it did not work with the 'OBDLink LX' . But perhaps that problem has now been fixed.
Specific reason -
"The device does not consider 7D6 as a standard CAN message (only from 7E0 to 7E7) so it does not generate a CFC (Continuation Frame Control)..."
see - recommended obd2 adapter? - Page 2 - Kia Soul EV Forum

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Now when I start the car, the multimedia unit stays at the Hyundai logo startup screen and doesn't react to anything anymore.

I've tried
- shutting down and restarting the car
- Pressing the reset pin next to the volume button
- Attaching a keyboard to the USB adapter and pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del, the screen flashes and then the logo comes back up again.

So, have I bricked my multimedia system?
It seems you have bricked the multimedia system. yes.
Have you tried removing the OBD2 adapter, have you tried disconnecting the 12V battery for a few minutes.
These are long shots, but are worth a try.

If it is bricked you will have to take it to Hyundai, and they will re-install the original software.
It will be under warranty, they will have no idea why it failed.

The navigation computer is an android system. Ctrl-Alt-Del should have no effect.
On an android tablet the way to re-install software onto a bricked system is to push a combination of buttons eg 'Power', 'Home' and 'Vol Down' together.
This will cause the tablet to enter 'Download Mode'. Then you can install software from a PC using programs like ODIN.
How you could do this in your car I have no idea.
Hence I suggest taking it to Hyundai.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts