Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

Set minimal battery percentage on PHEV ?

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Ti-Paul 
#1 ·
Hi,

New owner of a 2020 Ioniq Preffered PHEV.

I have 35km to go to work so when i return home, i come to 0km EV remaining.

I read that its preferable to avoid getting the battery under 20% but when i return home, the car is switching from EV to HEV to keep the percentage around 13-16%...

Is there some setting to up that margin around 20%????

For long distance, does the PHEV will ever be at that level ?

Regards,
Ti-Paul

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum Ti-Paul and congrats on your new car.

I have never seen or heard of a setting like that for the Ioniq, so I would guess it does not exist. It is normal on long journeys for the phev Ioniq to switch to hev mode at around 15% or so. As you read more on the forum you will see people have various opinions on battery care and the best ways to protect it long term. But I think in general the Ioniq is a very well engineered car and many people just drive it and let the car manage the battery. I would not worry much about 15% versus 20% state of charge. But if you really wanted to, you could drive the car in ev mode until you see 20% and then manually press the HEV button to force it into hev mode early. Not worth the trouble in my opinion. Enjoy your new car!

#3 ·
Thanks Jonboy for confirming..

That's what i did today... manually switching from AUTO to HEV... EV mode is then less used...

Until my boss installs a charge station (already in discussion with his electrician). :)

#4 ·
Thanks, Jonboy for confirming.

That's what I did today... manually switching from AUTO to HEV... EV mode is then less used...

Until my boss installs a charge station (already in discussion with his electrician). :)
Wow! If the employer agrees to install a level 2 charger...lucky you!
If not ask if there is a 120v/20amp dedicated outlet such as what you might have for plugging in the block heater of an I.C.E. vehicle.
You could then set your charger to draw only the amount of charge you need to get you home.
I assume you are already charging at home.
🐧

#5 ·
My boss is little bit slow... Still no 120V outlet outside (minimum i asked him since i do 8hours shift, that'll be enough to get home on EV).

But i got my level 2 charger installed at home... 2.5hrs from empty to full is great...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.