1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the attached image working through the menus yesterday

I was told by the dealer it was 10,000 mile service schedule

the menu seems to suggest variable service? as over 10,000 miles

time to pose the question to Hyundai, as there is no information on the website about the interval or service plan options

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Might also be 20'000 km (=12427mi) which is close to 1'0854+1'660=12'514. What mileage did the car have when you received it? Deduce this and you might get even closer to the 20k km (rather 20Mm :nerd:)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Normal maintenance schedule - For Europe (except Russia)
The following maintenance services must be performed to ensure good emission control and performance.
Keep receipts for all vehicle emission services to protect your warranty. Where both mileage and time are shown, the
frequency of service is determined by whichever occurs first.
Number of months or driving distance, whichever comes first
Months 12 24 36 48 60 72 84 96
Miles×1,000 10 20 30 40 50 60 70 80
Km×1,000 15 30 45 60 75 90 105 120

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
It's what the handbook says . Normally Kia and Hyundai are every 10,000 miles . So your dealer's most likely correct

·
Registered
68 Posts
They've just released service pricing for the EV:
First year £79
Second year £154
(and repeat)

I can't imagine they actually do much for that, short of checking the car over and topping up the wiper fluid!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I assume all sorts of computerised checks of the battery pack and drive electronics, still got mechanical brakes, steering etc

visual checks of gearbox (all be it a single speed reduction gearbox)

have you got a link for those prices?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I take it no one has hit 10k yet.. I wonder who will be first :D I'm already at nearly 4K, shall we have a race?
I hope £60-120 prices are right but still seems much for what they will actually do.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You sir, have just shattered my dreams.

he he

just look at it this way, that I should find any mileage related issues well ahead of you

I have done 10k since November 19th :)

I live in kent, office is Birmingham, furthest client I visit is Manchester, that sort of explains my mileage

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I live in kent, office is Birmingham, furthest client I visit is Manchester, that sort of explains my mileage
That is actually insane. I thought I was mad purposely moving 40miles away from work (I like living in the Derbyshire countryside, work in Nottingham) and doing 80miles/day minimum but that is on another level.

How, seriously, how do you cope? Too many idiots on the road, especially those roads, I think my blood pressure triples anytime I go near m25/M6. :C

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just take it easy, put the radio on and enjoy the car :)

bear in mind I also get the joys of the Dartford crossing costing me £1.66 each way for sitting in traffic for up to an hour

when it traffic on the motorway I look at the other cars around me burning fuel and look down to see that lovely EV light on and no engine noise until I pickup speed and the ICE cuts in

luckily I don't suffer from road rage etc and enjoy time away on my own in hotels

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I can't actually fault you there, I do the same in traffic. I notice fumes a lot more as well since my car has virtually none. I like the fact that it's not Stop/start as well and just sits happily in EV mode instead. I've been reading people say they put it in neutral / park when stationary for long periods but I've just sat with brake on.. Is that less efficient?

I love driving.. I just don't like having to turn my cruise control off.. and other road users are usually the cause of this. Lol

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
I can't actually fault you there, I do the same in traffic. I notice fumes a lot more as well since my car has virtually none. I like the fact that it's not Stop/start as well and just sits happily in EV mode instead. I've been reading people say they put it in neutral / park when stationary for long periods but I've just sat with brake on.. Is that less efficient?

I love driving.. I just don't like having to turn my cruise control off.. and other road users are usually the cause of this. Lol
Cruise control set at 90 mph ? :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts