Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an online quote for a service plan.

Current cost of five services and two mot tests comes to £586.15
Service 1 £73.88
Service 2 £127.98
Service 3 £77.62
Service 4 £134.46
Service 5 £92.21
The plan includes two mot tests at £40 each.

The plan is paid by 56 payments of £11.91
However they also add a "Management Fee" of 55 x £1.25
This brings the total to £654.90

In my past experience taking out a service plan normally works out cheaper but it seems not in Hyundai's case as the management fee seems to add quite a lot to the cost, so I'm not sure there is any benefit to taking out the plan, although I accept that annual service charges can of course increase due to inflation.

The other thing I am not sure about, is whether replacement of battery coolant is included in these service costs. From experience I know that the EV battery coolant needs to be replaced after four or five years and it can be expensive. My Vauxhall Ampera cost over £300 just for the coolant change.

As the Ioniq EV has only been around since 2016 I guess there haven't been any coolant changes yet.

Anyone taken out a service plan ?

·
Registered
184 Posts
It is :poop: type of deal to my opinion. They would not do anymore than the mandatory annual safety inspection. There is no any fluid change requirements for 10 years/120,000 miles for 2016-2019 EV. Btw, all those "inspections kind" (referred in service schedule as inspect) of work are due at every inspection interval 5000-7000 miles, so it would not extend to over 5 years (if you think about 2020 EV), so you would pay the pricey "service kind" (referred in service schedule as perform) afterwards. Just from pricing point you can deduct, it does not include any "perform" work, except tire rotation perhaps. It is your money, so do as you pleased.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just did another service plan quote and the monthly cost had doubled to £24.

Checking the details, I saw the fourth year service had jumped to a whopping £660. I presume this is to cover the battery coolant change.

Somehow, EV servicing costs dont seem to be as low as first thought. I guess that as the EV was only brought out in 2017 then no car will have reached its 4th service yet unless it has done a high mileage.

Anyone had a fourth service yet?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts