Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I took delivery of my ioniq December 1st and it was minus a service book dealer said they would post it out to me.
Question being did other owners get a service book or are they waiting as well?
I will contact my dealer next week to see where it is.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome to the forum Coliiq66

don't think I saw a service book in mine, I think it is electronic records like most new cars now

don't think I had a service book with my 2015 i20 I swapped for the Ioniq

please go over onto the New Member Introductions - Hyundai Ioniq Forum and introduce yourself and tell us which model (hybrid / EV) you have and tell us what you think of it, good and bad points, what sort of economy your getting?

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
No service book in mine either , probably all computerized

·
Registered
55 Posts
Boy... I don't think anyone uses service books anymore? Everything just gets logged in the computer when you go to get serviced. That's why if you want a record, you keep your receipts but if you lose em', you can go back to them and they'll print off your history.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Further to my previous posting dealership contacted me to say they have a service book for my car.
I will collect this on Monday

·
Registered
26 Posts
No Service book for me when I picked up the car. I did receive the service book about 2 weeks later in the mail. They have changed some stuff so they needed to update the service book (like first 3 year service is free now).

·
Registered
193 Posts
I checked, when I got my Ioniq today, and there is a service book included in all the bumpf.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What does it say about engine oil grade? I like to carry a litre in the boot so I'd like to be prepared if you can provide the info, please.

·
Registered
278 Posts
What does it say about engine oil grade? I like to carry a litre in the boot so I'd like to be prepared if you can provide the info, please.

The engine oil type is in the car manual section 8-6.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
I got what is called a service passport but it was never filled in. I thought that it was standard in the motor industry to do a pre hand over service on the car and fill in what has been done on the car before its given to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Isnox, where in the service book is mentioned that the first 3 years service is free now ? (I got a letter from Hyundai Belgium confirming the 3 years or 45.0000 km free service)

·
Registered
30 Posts
The engine oil type is in the car manual section 8-6.
Thanks very much. That's good news. I bought a gallon of Helix in a hyper market in Gaillac for €27 (when €s weren't worth much) to service another car but sold it on before I used the oil so I have plenty to go at.

How are people finding oil consumption? I've been driving diesels for ten years and they don't use any oil whereas some VAG petrol engines get through a litre every 1000 miles. How are you all finding the Ioniq in that respect?

·
Registered
10 Posts
That's interesting as we are obviously being told different things. Customer Services at Hyundai told me earlier today that they would phone the dealer who I bought the car from instructing them to send me a Service Book.

We shall await developments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts