Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed a pizza on the passenger seat yesterday and the seat belt warning sounded loudly for the prescribed 100 seconds. Only solution was to fasten the seat belt. Will take to dealer. Obviously, this sensor is set far too low. On my Prius it took 20 lbs. to trigger it. Anyone else seeing this? I later placed my cell phone on the passenger seat and that triggered it too. The seat-belt solution works but is inconvenient for my next passenger. Also, would deploy the passenger airbag unnecessarily in an accident.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I placed a pizza on the passenger seat yesterday and the seat belt warning sounded loudly for the prescribed 100 seconds. Only solution was to fasten the seat belt. Will take to dealer. Obviously, this sensor is set far too low. On my Prius it took 20 lbs. to trigger it. Anyone else seeing this? I later placed my cell phone on the passenger seat and that triggered it too. The seat-belt solution works but is inconvenient for my next passenger. Also, would deploy the passenger airbag unnecessarily in an accident.

I could say something about the size of pizza and number of toppings you consume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yep, not quite right. I set my computer bag (that has a lot of other stuff in it, along with other items and no issues like described. - weird:eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
passenger sensor issue

What I have found is that it depends where you place your items on the passenger seat. It seems like the sensor goes off if something is placed in the middle part of the seat but if you put something in the back part against the seat, it doesn't go off. I placed heavy items against the seat and nothing happened but then I took everything off the seat and put just my cell phone on the mid section of the seat and it went off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took it to dealer who could not duplicate problem. He patronizingly explained to me how it works which is the same as the Prius I've driven for eleven years. I laid my cell phone on the passenger seat on my way home and the alarm went off. Go figure. I'll be more assertive on my next visit to dealer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have now had the sensor detect a cell phone (very annoying) and then fail to detect an object weighing 40+ lbs. I've concluded that it's just faulty and needs replacing at next service.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine went off after I went grocery shopping yesterday. Glad to know it only chimes for 90 seconds so I can ignore it, rather than moving the bags to the back. Or maybe I'll just use the rear seat anyway, I don't know.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just started a thread before discovering this one -- I get the chime occasionally with just papers on the seat... or even nothing. Getting it checked tomorrow

1 - 17 of 17 Posts