Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come for me to let my beautiful 2019 Ioniq go. Here is a link that contains all the information about the Ioniq. I have had 25,000 miles of good times in the Ioniq with no mechanical issues and great mpg.

Reactions: cregox

·
Registered
10 Posts
too bad i'm not in the USA... looks like an amazing deal! got my 2016 for yet another amazing deal here in portugal (20500 eur).

may i ask why you're selling it "so soon"?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
too bad i'm not in the USA... looks like an amazing deal! got my 2016 for yet another amazing deal here in portugal (20500 eur).

may i ask why you're selling it "so soon"?
I have ordered a VW ID.4. Decided to go all electric and Hyundai will not sell their all electric to mid America. They only sell to the costal states. The ZEV states. Looked at Tesla, but there are no Tesla dealers in my state. There are VW dealers everywhere.

Reactions: cregox

·
Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
173 Posts
Just hope you like a minimalist interior! I suspect it's v like the ID.3 I bought end of last year. Put that & my Ioniq on the market, sold the VW so keeping Ioniq. Actually I'm rather pleased; VW controls are really distracting imho. Fine if you don't want to alter them during a trip, but if you do, you'll be taking your eyes off the road to see whether you selected front or rear windows to be raised/lowered by the 2 buttons; taking your eyes off to see if the mirror-joystick has selected left mirror, right mirror, mirror heating, or mirror-foldaway, before you dare jog it to adjust; taking your eyes off the road to see where on the central screen to poke to altes things like air-to-face, air-to-face&boty, air-to-feet, etc etc.

They've followed Tesla's lead to try & discard as many buttons as poss, and I think that's wrong. YMMV!

I hope ID.4 has a decent glovebox! The one in ID.3 is a joke, utterly useless. 80% of the usual space is taken up by a fusebox! No 12V aux socket at the front - I like to keep a 12V battery voltage monitor plugged in there. ID.3 like many other EVs has had probs looking after the 12V. Not sure yet if they've cured the vampire drain, or just done a workaround by telling the car to recharge from HV battery more often!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have ordered a VW ID.4. Decided to go all electric and Hyundai will not sell their all electric to mid America. They only sell to the costal states. The ZEV states. Looked at Tesla, but there are no Tesla dealers in my state. There are VW dealers everywhere.
oof, i didn't realize the market there for full electric was so limited and this is an hybrid!

thanks for the reply.

another stupid question, if you don't mind: why do you care so much for dealers as to take a german vw over american tesla?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oof, i didn't realize the market there for full electric was so limited and this is an hybrid!

thanks for the reply.

another stupid question, if you don't mind: why do you care so much for dealers as to take a german vw over american tesla?
We are in a world market. There is no such thing as a German, American, Korean, British, etc. vehicle today. And to handy andy; it is unfair to judge a vehicle if you have never driven it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We are in a world market. There is no such thing as a German, American, Korean, British, etc. vehicle today. And to handy andy; it is unfair to judge a vehicle if you have never driven it.
locality is still crucial for sustainability, though.

what's "handy andy"? edit: lol, nevermind. it's his nick. 🤣

·
Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
173 Posts
... And to handy andy; it is unfair to judge a vehicle if you have never driven it.
I assume you're referring to my comments about ID.3? I bought one. Last December. Sold it about 2 weeks ago now. Life model, + alloys (came with them) and heat pump which I wanted to minimise loss of range in winter on a longish regular trip I do. I even got a set of winter tyres, did a 200 mile trip with 1-hour break in the middle on those. Lost about 15% range as they aren't eco tyres, but the 58 kWh meant it would do my frequent 160 mile ones in the depths of wnter with plenty in hand. Ioniq 38's going to have to be driven carefully, on eco tyres, to manage that trip.

ID.3 has great features. Lovely ride, corners really nice & neutral with none of that front-wheel-drive nose drifting wide if you press it, spookily quiet inside even on bad road surfaces, and fast charging. Just a shame the controls were designed by trendy youngsters following the latest everything-on-screen fashion. Fashions come & go. Style doesn't.

So I now have a set of winters, hardly used, for ID.3 for anyone wanting them. Too busy with other stuff at the mo to advertise them at the mo'.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I assume you're referring to my comments about ID.3? I bought one. Last December. Sold it about 2 weeks ago now. Life model, + alloys (came with them) and heat pump which I wanted to minimise loss of range in winter on a longish regular trip I do. I even got a set of winter tyres, did a 200 mile trip with 1-hour break in the middle on those. Lost about 15% range as they aren't eco tyres, but the 58 kWh meant it would do my frequent 160 mile ones in the depths of wnter with plenty in hand. Ioniq 38's going to have to be driven carefully, on eco tyres, to manage that trip.

ID.3 has great features. Lovely ride, corners really nice & neutral with none of that front-wheel-drive nose drifting wide if you press it, spookily quiet inside even on bad road surfaces, and fast charging. Just a shame the controls were designed by trendy youngsters following the latest everything-on-screen fashion. Fashions come & go. Style doesn't.

So I now have a set of winters, hardly used, for ID.3 for anyone wanting them. Too busy with other stuff at the mo to advertise them at the mo'.
I seemed like you were speaking of the ID4.It is not an ID3. Anyway this is an Ioniq forum. Maybe we should keep it that way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts