Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, cyber gray, gray interior
21 Posts
I think that the problem is that even if the seat is way back using either a memory button or the Easy Access feature, it immediately moves forward to the previous driver's position. In our case, if my wife was the previous driver, it's a race for me to change the profile to me before my knees get pinned. I don't see any way around it.
That is NOT how mine works. After pressing the seat position button and the seat moving to that position, it stays there. I am then able to get in. I can then start the car and change the profile without the seat moving until the profile has changed. We have a significant difference in height (6’1” vs 5’1” for my wife) and I’ve never had a problem.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, cyber gray, gray interior
21 Posts
To clarify, in addition to the easy entry feature, there are 5 possible seat memory positions that can be set, 3 via the profile settings in the infotainment software and 2 via the physical buttons on the driver’s door. Set the 2 physical buttons on the door, with the car turned on and in park, by positioning the seat then holding the appropriate button in until you hear a beep and confirmation appears on the screen. To recall that position later (even with the car off), briefly tap the appropriate button. Be careful not to hold the button in or it will cancel the memory.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also thought that the memory buttons did not work with the car OFF, but I was wrong. I learned that each profile can separately program each memory button. Note that saving the seat position involves holding in the button a few seconds. Recalling the saved seat position involves pushing the button once briefly.

Try this;
With the large person's profile chosen and the car on, save his driving seat position to memory button 1. Make sure the display confirms that the seat position has been saved.
Then move the seat completely back and save it to memory button 2.
Turn the car off.

With the smaller person's profile chosen and the car back on, save her drivering seat position to memory button 1.
Then move the seat completely back and save it to memory button 2
Return the seat position to her driver's position by pushing button 1
Turn off the car. The seat should move back a bit if easy exit is chosen
Lock the car.

Unlock the car
With the car off, push memory button 2. The seat should move completely back. Mine does.
Turn the car on. The seat should try and return to the smaller driver's normal seat position.
Try and change the profile quickly to the large person's profile before his knees get crushed.

if this doesn't work, have them tell you how you're supposed to get into the car with the seat all the way forward.

Good luck
Just touch a button on the car seat (for example the button to move the seat backward then it stops immediately to proceed to the previous drivers seat position. Now you have all the time to change profile an get the car in your own position.

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
843 Posts
I also thought that the memory buttons did not work with the car OFF, but I was wrong. I learned that each profile can separately program each memory button. Note that saving the seat position involves holding in the button a few seconds. Recalling the saved seat position involves pushing the button once briefly.

Try this;
With the large person's profile chosen and the car on, save his driving seat position to memory button 1. Make sure the display confirms that the seat position has been saved.
Then move the seat completely back and save it to memory button 2.
Turn the car off.

With the smaller person's profile chosen and the car back on, save her drivering seat position to memory button 1.
Then move the seat completely back and save it to memory button 2
Return the seat position to her driver's position by pushing button 1
Turn off the car. The seat should move back a bit if easy exit is chosen
Lock the car.

Unlock the car
With the car off, push memory button 2. The seat should move completely back. Mine does.
Turn the car on. The seat should try and return to the smaller driver's normal seat position.
Try and change the profile quickly to the large person's profile before his knees get crushed.

if this doesn't work, have them tell you how you're supposed to get into the car with the seat all the way forward.

Good luck
This appears good advice. But we’re a 6’4”and 5’4” couple and if we set the drivers seat all the way back (or even to my regular driving position) my wife can’t reach the brake pedal to start the car. And of course I can’t even get into the driver’s seat at her settings. So position settings need to be a little more nuanced for us.

·
Registered
228 Posts
This appears good advice. But we’re a 6’4”and 5’4” couple and if we set the drivers seat all the way back (or even to my regular driving position) my wife can’t reach the brake pedal to start the car. And of course I can’t even get into the driver’s seat at her settings. So position settings need to be a little more nuanced for us.
Hmm. Could you set memory button 1 for her driver's position for Both of your profiles and set memory button 2 for your driver's position for BOTH profiles? Then she would have to hit 1 if you just drove and you would have to hit 2 if she just drove,
Of course, all these gyration wouldn't be necessary if Hyundai had programmed the car to recognize different fobs or phones.

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
843 Posts
Hmm. Could you set memory button 1 for her driver's position for Both of your profiles and set memory button 2 for your driver's position for BOTH profiles? Then she would have to hit 1 if you just drove and you would have to hit 2 if she just drove,
Of course, all these gyration wouldn't be necessary if Hyundai had programmed the car to recognize different fobs or phones.
Yeah, that’s what I tried to do. But my wife keeps pressing buttons to try and get her seat position right, and in the process changes profile settings (by hitting the confirm button when she’s happy) and button settings (by holding the button on instead of tapping it). 😔

Wonder if you can lock the settings?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yeah, that’s what I tried to do. But my wife keeps pressing buttons to try and get her seat position right, and in the process changes profile settings (by hitting the confirm button when she’s happy) and button settings (by holding the button on instead of tapping it). 😔

Wonder if you can lock the settings?
As someone who's been married for 44 years, all I can say is that you're wrong and you will always be wrong. :)

Or you can ask her politely to never touch button 2. Good luck with that

21 - 28 of 28 Posts