Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The door memory buttons (#1 and #2) for the seats on my new 2022 Ioniq 5 limited do NOT work unless you are sitting in the car and have it turned on. If you are a big guy and seat settings for the person who used the car before you was small, you can't even squeeze into the car to turn it on to make seat position changes.

This is a big flaw that should be taken care of by Hyundai. The last 10 vehicles I have owned worked perfectly for this feature. These vehicles have never needed to be turned on first before the seat position buttons would work. No excuses here for Hyundai.

·
Registered
228 Posts
We had this same problem (my wife is height challenged). After getting a lot of help from this forum, we figured out that each profile can save a different seat profile for each of the memory buttons. I.e. four different seat positions.

So, our solution is to have my wife hit one of the memory buttons when she exits the car and have that memory set with the seat far back.

Our memory buttons DO work with the car off.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate AWD tech and eco in Lucid Blue
247 Posts
One can set it do that when you turn off the car and open the door, the seat automatically move back.
True, but I think the issue reported is that, unless you can change the profile before turning the car on, when a shorter driver leaves the car and a taller driver gets in, the seat resumes its original position, pinning the tall driver against the wheel. Many thanks to @Robocheme for the tip re the seat buttons working with car off even before you get in.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate AWD tech and eco in Lucid Blue
247 Posts
You don't have Easy Entry/Comfort Entry setting? My seats scoots back when I open the door.
Yes I have but the point I was trying to make is that if the 'short driver' gets out of the car (and the Easy Access slides the seat back) then, unless you change the seat position in the meantime, when the tall driver gets in next, the Easy Access automatically remembers to return the seat to the 'short driver' position it was last in - possibly rather closer to the wheel than the tall driver expects!

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue/Gray
313 Posts
Yes I have but the point I was trying to make is that if the 'short driver' gets out of the car (and the Easy Access slides the seat back) then, unless you change the seat position in the meantime, when the tall driver gets in next, the Easy Access automatically remembers to return the seat to the 'short driver' position it was last in - possibly rather closer to the wheel than the tall driver expects!
I get your point, but that's not what the OP is complaining about. OP was saying they couldn't get into the car. The Easy Access feature would allow them to get in the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The door memory buttons (#1 and #2) for the seats on my new 2022 Ioniq 5 limited do NOT work unless you are sitting in the car and have it turned on. If you are a big guy and seat settings for the person who used the car before you was small, you can't even squeeze into the car to turn it on to make seat position changes.

This is a big flaw that should be taken care of by Hyundai. The last 10 vehicles I have owned worked perfectly for this feature. These vehicles have never needed to be turned on first before the seat position buttons would work. No excuses here for Hyundai.
Do you have the remote start feature - that would be an easy resolution?

·
Registered
54 Posts
lol not just me then i am 6,7"" and my dear wife in 5, 4" so as you can imagine its a comedy club set up, but all i do if the little ones been in is open the door press my memory seat button and no problems what so ever and vise versa., apart from steering wheel adjustment

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think that the problem is that even if the seat is way back using either a memory button or the Easy Access feature, it immediately moves forward to the previous driver's position. In our case, if my wife was the previous driver, it's a race for me to change the profile to me before my knees get pinned. I don't see any way around it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I think that the problem is that even if the seat is way back using either a memory button or the Easy Access feature, it immediately moves forward to the previous driver's position. In our case, if my wife was the previous driver, it's a race for me to change the profile to me before my knees get pinned. I don't see any way around it.
That is exactly right. No buttons work unless the car is ON. And if you manage to squeeze in and turn the car ON, it immediately begins to slide the seat forward to my wifes settings. The door buttons need to work with the car OFF. They don't.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That is exactly right. No buttons work unless the car is ON. And if you manage to squeeze in and turn the car ON, it immediately begins to slide the seat forward to my wifes settings. The door buttons need to work with the car OFF. They don't.
My memory buttons do work with the car off, but the seats still revert to the previous driver’s position once the car is turned on. It’s then a race to change the profile

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD, cyber gray, gray interior
20 Posts
Yes, a USA Limited. Touching the 1 and 2 seat position buttons on the door resets the seat position even with the car off. Also In the settings I can set the easy entry/exit to automatically move the seat back when the door is opened and when turning off the car while seated. It can be set to off, normal, or extended. This allows easy entry/exit by moving the seat back. If my wife drove last, I push #1 on the door with the car off to set my sear position, but I still have to change the user profile in the settings to set the rest of my profile.
I’d rely on the manual more than what the dealer has to say because most of the dealers don’t have much experience with these cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have played with the easy entry setting on my vehicle, but no matter what I do, the seats do not go back far enough unless I am in the vehicle to manually adjust the seats. My memory buttons will simply not work when the car is off. I did send an email to Hyundai's customer service. Still no word back but I'll post the response if I do get one. Thanks. It's nice to know there is a possibility this might work some day.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have played with the easy entry setting on my vehicle, but no matter what I do, the seats do not go back far enough unless I am in the vehicle to manually adjust the seats. My memory buttons will simply not work when the car is off. I did send an email to Hyundai's customer service. Still no word back but I'll post the response if I do get one. Thanks. It's nice to know there is a possibility this might work some day.
I also thought that the memory buttons did not work with the car OFF, but I was wrong. I learned that each profile can separately program each memory button. Note that saving the seat position involves holding in the button a few seconds. Recalling the saved seat position involves pushing the button once briefly.

Try this;
With the large person's profile chosen and the car on, save his driving seat position to memory button 1. Make sure the display confirms that the seat position has been saved.
Then move the seat completely back and save it to memory button 2.
Turn the car off.

With the smaller person's profile chosen and the car back on, save her drivering seat position to memory button 1.
Then move the seat completely back and save it to memory button 2
Return the seat position to her driver's position by pushing button 1
Turn off the car. The seat should move back a bit if easy exit is chosen
Lock the car.

Unlock the car
With the car off, push memory button 2. The seat should move completely back. Mine does.
Turn the car on. The seat should try and return to the smaller driver's normal seat position.
Try and change the profile quickly to the large person's profile before his knees get crushed.

if this doesn't work, have them tell you how you're supposed to get into the car with the seat all the way forward.

Good luck

1 - 20 of 28 Posts