Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the SE AWD Ioniq5 receive the towing harness kit that is plug n play? I called service department and they said not all models can take the towing harness kit. Anyone install the Hyundai towing harness kit on their SE Ioniq5? Dis the towing mode pop up on the screen after the kit was installed correctly? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can the SE AWD Ioniq5 receive the towing harness kit that is plug n play? I called service department and they said not all models can take the towing harness kit. Anyone install the Hyundai towing harness kit on their SE Ioniq5? Dis the towing mode pop up on the screen after the kit was installed correctly? Thanks in advance!
All trims seem to support it, and the AWD guts are virtually the same for all trim levels.

"All configurations have a top speed of 115 MPH and can tow a trailer with a capacity of up to 2,000 pounds." - https://www.hyundainews.com/en-us/releases/3463

Apparently later reduced to 1,650 lbs in the US Hyundai IONIQ 5 – What Can It Tow?

"However, it now appears that Hyundai has downgraded the towing capacity of all IONIQ 5 models even further, down to just 1,650 lbs which is very disappointing.

In the UK as I discuss in my article on the IONIQ 5 on electrictowcars.co.uk while the standard range version gets a lower 750 kg (1,600 lb) towing capacity, the Long Range versions get a pretty respectable 1,600 kg (3,500 lb) towing capacity."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts