Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq PHEV Style 🇪🇺🇪🇪
21 Posts
I also have a long scratch going all the way up driver side window (presumably caused by the window mechanism). Some of the windscreen scratches are very distracting, and as you said, deep enough to feel with your finger.
@jp96 curious to see if you have pictures of the scratches on the driver window especially. My 2020 PHEV is brand new (also leased) - I’ve only had it for a month - and I also noticed a “deep” scratch on the driver window.
I haven’t seen the dealer about it yet.
Did you end up making the replacement? How much did it cost you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
@jp96 curious to see if you have pictures of the scratches on the driver window especially. My 2020 PHEV is brand new (also leased) - I’ve only had it for a month - and I also noticed a “deep” scratch on the driver window.
I haven’t seen the dealer about it yet.
Did you end up making the replacement? How much did it cost you?
Not gotten around to replacing it yet. I may wait until my insurance renewal is up and then choose a provider with a preferable glass repair policy.

I brought it up with dealer and they said both had been caused by debris in the traps and they wouldn’t do anything about it. They said anything to do with glass must go through insurer. Needless to say it’s fairly annoying but I’ve got another 2 years on the lease so think I’ll get both replaced purely to keep me sane.

I’m also going to replace the wipers with Bosch’s new style retrofit blades. The IONIQ seems to have old style blades and I’m convinced that’s part of the problem.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq PHEV Style 🇪🇺🇪🇪
21 Posts
I brought it up with dealer and they said both had been caused by debris in the traps and they wouldn’t do anything about it. They said anything to do with glass must go through insurer.
Will talk to my dealer soon - got a feeling I will get the same reply.
Sharing a couple pictures here (hard to photograph such things) - curious if yours are similar (I only have this on the driver side window).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Will talk to my dealer soon - got a feeling I will get the same reply.
Sharing a couple pictures here (hard to photograph such things) - curious if yours are similar (I only have this on the driver side window).

View attachment 34488 View attachment 34489
Yes, mine looks identical to that. Which is curious if you think…

I’m convinced Hyundai either use cheap glass, or it’s the solar coating that scratches easily. Needless to say it’s put me off another Hyundai in future. My IONIQ also has the signature Hyundai inverter squeal.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts