Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning the fingerprints off the SatNav screen for the first time today & noticed a faint scratch top right of the glass screen. I have an ongoing query with the dealer I purchased through as the interior of the car has several scratches and marks that were noticed at pick up. This was a brand new 2020 model so I'm annoyed with the quality but agreed with dealer they would resolve. Is there anything that can be done re scratches on SatNav or is it best to leave for dealer to investigate?

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,070 Posts
If the dealer is already aware of, and agreed to fix interior cosmetic issues, I'd leave it to the dealer to investigate. I did buy a cheap screen protector on Amazon for mine a long time ago. It's due to be replaced as it's done its job and there's damage on it now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has anyone else managed to scratch their screens? I'm not cleaning or touching it at the moment until the dealer can take a look. With the current situation in the world that maybe some time; however let's be honest in the grand scheme of things it is very unimportant...:unsure:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine didn't have any sort of protector on it when I picked it up from the dealer. Nor did the climate controls. Only bit of "protection" I removed was by the gear stick covering the gear indicator lights.
Is this normal or has the dealer incorrectly removed? I usually leave these in place if they are there to keep the screens clean etc. for a period. On my last car I left it for 14 months before it was literally hanging off...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine didn't have any sort of protector on it when I picked it up from the dealer. Nor did the climate controls. Only bit of "protection" I removed was by the gear stick covering the gear indicator lights.
Is this normal or has the dealer incorrectly removed? I usually leave these in place if they are there to keep the screens clean etc. for a period. On my last car I left it for 14 months before it was literally hanging off...
Haven't noticed any protection on the climate controls but my screen definitely had the protector attached when I collected Monday. Also had the one by the gear indicators.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haven't noticed any protection on the climate controls but my screen definitely had the protector attached when I collected Monday. Also had the one by the gear indicators.
Thanks, I've spoken with the dealer and apparently their valeting department remove when preparing the car for collection...they've had complaints from customers having to remove it themselves :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks, I've spoken with the dealer and apparently their valeting department remove when preparing the car for collection...they've had complaints from customers having to remove it themselves :rolleyes:
Thought that might be the case. I do believe that the majority of people complain that all the protective film hasn't been removed ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thought that might be the case. I do believe that the majority of people complain that all the protective film hasn't been removed ?
I'd have kept it on for as long as possible. I have clinical OCD so really overthing and worry about these things :(. I've annoyed my poor wife no end with this! She says we need to buy an older car next, not allowed brand new again :)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Slightly off topic but in the old days at least, the film that was frequently left on was that covering the rear view camera. It doesn't actually stop it working so might be worth a check.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 2020 HEV Premium SE
10 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts