Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone saved music files to USB to play in the car yet? If so does the system automatically sort the music files and display the option to select the music by Artist, Album, Track etc? I want to start transferring music files to a USB ready for when my car is available on 1st March but don't know whether I have to set up the music files by Artist and Album on the USB or whether the infotainment system is intelligent enough to automatically do this. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq EV 28kWh
366 Posts
I had a 16GB USB stick full of music with me today, played the files nicely, easy to choose from the list.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Is there a maximum limit on the size of the USB that can be used? Did the system display let you select an Artist and then an Album?

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq EV 28kWh
366 Posts
The same Ipod does get recognized with the default Ipod software (tried it using the boot option which boots into the original firmware).

With the original firmware i cant access the music files which are stores into the Ipod with Rockbox though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Can anyone tell if leaving a usb thumbdrive connected hurts the 12v battery at all?

I'm only asking as I've heard that other manufacturers have had issues with this previously (but not in a hybrid).

I currently leave a tiny 16gb usb3 stick left in my usb in my current car 24/7 hoping I can do the same in the Ioniq.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This sounds nice. Need to start copy mp3's to thumbdrive!
Can't wait to get my Ioniq and properly test the sound system and speakers.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
even when way up and as loud as I could take I didn't notice any real distortion in sound, much better than sound in previous cars,

"we will rock you" by queen wound right up also don't cause any vibration I have seen in the wing mirrors of previous cars either

1 - 20 of 48 Posts