Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the SatNav have a speed camera warning facility (UK spec)? - I've not been able to find anything trawling through the menus and Speed Cameras don't appear to be a POI category either....

·
Super Moderator
7,904 Posts
yep, you get a ding dong about 10 seconds before you go past a camera location that has been notified to the system

you need to have live services set up and the car tethered to a phone or car mifi so it can connect to the internet over wifi to get live traffic and camera

there is an option in one of the nav system settings to turn on speed camera notifications, it is off by default as speed camera warnings are illegal I some countries but not the UK

I think it is press the cog button 2nf from right under nav unit then go into the nav system setting and its in there if my memory is correct, if you are still having problems let me know and I will have a look on mine tomorrow

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it possible to put your own POI speed cams on SD ?

Hi, Does somebody know if it is possible to put your own POI. speedcam's to the SD and will it work on the spot ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
once connected tethered, can you download local locations of speed cameras so you don't have to use data all the time? or must it be tethered?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Mine is connected up to my phone and shows the roads in red where there is heavy traffic but does it have the ability to redirect you around it, like Waze does? I thought it had one day while travelling to Liverpool, M6 was red and it took me a roads the whole way, I thought how clever, until I looked in settings and realised I'd had it set to avoid motorways.....

Also, has anyone used waze via Apple car play? Apparently it's possible to load the app on the cars display? Not tried yet.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It can do it automatically. Alternatively you can manually request a recalculate from the button on the traffic info screen.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts