Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently started to have numerous yellow spots appear on various road on the Sat Nav Map. Has anyone any idea how to get rid of them

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
its in one of the "display" options on the left

i have to go out later, if i remember i will get the screen shot of it

they show where you have been, the distance between them i think is time related not distance covered, so you can see hold ups etc

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
Does the satnav auto reroute for traffic if you have it conected to your phone via wifi? I only ask becasue I couldnt find any settings to turn it on or off? I went out on Good Friday visiting relatives and had clear roads bizarrely so dont know if its on or not.

Also does it show congestion on the map....i used the TomTom Go app previously and it would show sections in red and amber if they were busy and was spot on.

I do actually really like this satnav but found it can take some very weird shortcuts on rural roads!!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
it will show congestion much in the same way, I was led to believe it does use TomTom traffic. On my iPhone I have to turn the personal hotspot off and on every time (annoyingly) until it connects by wifi - you have to do to settings/wifi to check its connected - total pain..anyway.....

The main way I check I have traffic on is by looking at the set of icons on the left, if one extra icon appears at the bottom that looks like a camera then you are in business (that's actually to report a new camera)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Does the satnav auto reroute for traffic if you have it conected to your phone via wifi? I only ask becasue I couldnt find any settings to turn it on or off? I went out on Good Friday visiting relatives and had clear roads bizarrely so dont know if its on or not.

Also does it show congestion on the map....i used the TomTom Go app previously and it would show sections in red and amber if they were busy and was spot on.

I do actually really like this satnav but found it can take some very weird shortcuts on rural roads!!!!!
100% agree, I ignore it a LOT...thinking I'm not going down THERE... have you got it set to fast rather than short as route preference?

·
Registered
72 Posts
ah ok, great well connect to wifi via personal hotspot (I plug my iPhone in via CarPlay) and look for that little camera icon on the bottom of the column of icons. Also you can click on traffic and it might say traffic on route or not, if there isn't any, so not always easy to tell! Plot a route back from the south coast tomorrow, that should do it!

·
Registered
725 Posts
ah ok, great well connect to wifi via personal hotspot (I plug my iPhone in via CarPlay) and look for that little camera icon on the bottom of the column of icons. Also you can click on traffic and it might say traffic on route or not, if there isn't any, so not always easy to tell! Plot a route back from the south coast tomorrow, that should do it!
Lol yeah its all working nicely and works pretty well I just need some real world traffic to see how it compares and what it does but I'm not wishing that on myself lol

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think the traffic is pretty good, better than the SatNav itself, but then that part is TomTom and the SatNav isn't. It's OK and will suggest alternative routes if it finds traffic which is what you really want. Has saved me a few times (if the **** thing is on and I have remembered to toggle the hotspot off and on.) So if already driving you have to pull over and stop and faff with that which is plain annoying. I have no idea why it won't connect automatically to wifi. Grrrr

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think the traffic is pretty good, better than the SatNav itself, but then that part is TomTom and the SatNav isn't. It's OK and will suggest alternative routes if it finds traffic which is what you really want. Has saved me a few times (if the **** thing is on and I have remembered to toggle the hotspot off and on.) So if already driving you have to pull over and stop and faff with that which is plain annoying. I have no idea why it won't connect automatically to wifi. Grrrr
Its not a Hyundai issue I dont think....its an Apple issue or rather a security thing most likely

·
Registered
373 Posts
I think this is why some people have a separate USB Wi-Fi dongle as that works automatically. That's certainly what I am looking at getting. There is a Wi-Fi thread on the forums that discusses it.

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think this is why some people have a separate USB Wi-Fi dongle as that works automatically. That's certainly what I am looking at getting. There is a Wi-Fi thread on the forums that discusses it.
But would you not need to pay for a sim card and data contract?

·
Registered
384 Posts
SatNav and energy saving

I started using the SatNav and Waze concurrently on my daily commute, and i noticed that in urban traffic, with the same estimated time-to-arrival, the SatNav tends to advise and short, straight but low speed route with stop-and-go, whereas Waze tends to advise a longer, contorted but speedier route.

With a non-electrified car, the Waze route would be burn less fuel because it would allow the engine to be more efficient. But a hybrid or electric car, the straight, stop-and-go route advised by the SatNav is probably more efficient?

It makes me wonder whether the Ioniq StaNav is the standard Hyundai one, or the algorithm was modified to take electrification into account.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts