Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2 I5 LIMITED, Tesla MX, Rivian R1T
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hmm, I guess that's true but Limiteds are really hard to come by, so seem to be holding value better than SE/SEL's.

I assume the current body shop has no interest in buying it at all? Unless you can see if the insurance wants to take it on completely not sure what other options there are.
I have been dealing with insurance co and they need 45k of damage to salvage it. Note that there could be that much damage once they actually start putting it back together and finding other issues. I'm concerned with the HV battery but after they jumped the 12V it seems I still have 60% in it after 2 months.

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Darn I am getting hosed!

Claim is now about 37k and they are still waiting for parts! Insurance Co still claims the car is worth 60k and that's what they are basing their reason to fix. Unfortunately their valuation is based back in October where the values were higher than I paid and they are not willing to budge.

I'm going to end up with a car that is going to be hard to sell at even 50k.

· Registered
131 Posts
Darn I am getting hosed!

Claim is now about 37k and they are still waiting for parts! Insurance Co still claims the car is worth 60k and that's what they are basing their reason to fix. Unfortunately their valuation is based back in October where the values were higher than I paid and they are not willing to budge.

Hire a lawyer and take them to court over it.

· Registered
250 Posts
I agree I would pursue that avenue. Probably next step is to call a lawyer and see what their thoughts are (free consultation kinda thing) and if they think they can help, then call insurance and ask them to escalate it.

As another data point, a person on the facebook group has a limited AWD with 9000 miles, and they said the dealer offered $51,000 for trade in. With that value amount surely the car would be totaled?

· Registered
187 Posts
Darn I am getting hosed!

In many states, a car must be considered totaled if parts can't be obtained within a certain number of days, you may want to check that angle in your state as well.

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
In many states, a car must be considered totaled if parts can't be obtained within a certain number of days, you may want to check that angle in your state as well.
Probably not in PA because the yard is full of foreign cars that have been there for more than 6 months.

Also Insurance company keeps claiming that the value of the car is 60k before taxes and that was set by the state based on real value (had 10 k miles and 6 months old) ...Crazy as I am willing to take 50k and they don't care.

At lease the body shop are super nice.

· Registered
187 Posts
Probably not in PA because the yard is full of foreign cars that have been there for more than 6 months.

Also Insurance company keeps claiming that the value of the car is 60k before taxes and that was set by the state based on real value (had 10 k miles and 6 months old) ...Crazy as I am willing to take 50k and they don't care.

At lease the body shop are super nice.
I would say that the car cannot be repaired safely, as parts are not available:

21 - 30 of 30 Posts