Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
I going to have to leave the Hybrid listing, but hopefully will be joining the electric EV one next weekend.
Manged to find a 20 plate Premium EV with 4700 miles so Im now waiting for it to get shipped to near me in Scotland for next Friday to go for a test drive. If all is ok then its mine.
Waiting on more quotes for a home charge point to be fitted but at the Zappi looks like the one I will go for seeing as I will be able to use it to charge from my solar panels. Any others I should be considering?
So if I get the car I will need to use the standard slow charger at home until its installed or go park somewhere to use the fast ones.
Whats the concensus on the best charging app out there for finding suitable chargers?

·
Registered
Red 2019 Ioniq 38 Premium EV
622 Posts
zap-map seems to be the standard one, but Scotland seems to have it's own quirks as to what actually works!!! :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
...and PlugShare. I find using them both together offers a more complete picture.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys. Looks like I need the Chargeplace Scotland one for most of them up here so installed that one today and asked for an RFID card. The app doesnt work very well so hopefully the card will be ok when actually using it. Zap-map installed as well. Cant wait till Friday now, is it not here yet?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So picked up the car yesterday, Premium model in Phantom black. Loved the drive home. The only thing I have noticed is I think the road noise is a bit more than in the hybrid but that could just be down to the tyres. So today I need to get my dash cam installed, get Bluelink setup and install a temp outside socket until the home charge point gets installed.
Nearly forgot to add that my Galaxy Note 10+ inside its Otterbox Defender case doesnt fit in the Qi charger slot. I may get a seperate charging pad and sit it in the front of the centre column space.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts