Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried pulling a significant power draw from the 12V auxiliary sockets? Especially whilst parked.

I'm considering offering up my ioniq 38kWh as a power source for a projector in a field with some friends.

In theory it should be fine as the drive battery should keep the auxiliary 12V battery topped up. But I just wondered if anyone's tried this!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Judging by the number of people who seem to have experienced a low 12v battery, some from just sitting in the car with the ignition on, I'd say it's not wise. Unless you leave the car running, then I think it would be fine.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38 kWh Premium 2020 Fiery Red
12 Posts
Does utility mode not serve that function? I know it’s typically for camping trips.

·
IONIQ Electric, SE (w/ CCP) 2018.
882 Posts
The 12V power supply in the vehicle is only rated for 180W. I doubt that's enough to run a projector.

·
Registered
Ioniq 2020
17 Posts
Just driven 115km on a full battery stopped for 5 minutes engine turned off drove home and there wasnt enough power in the 12 volt to lock the doors

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Utility mode is a good idea. Manual says so too!

"To activate the utility mode.
When activated, electric devices in the vehicle is operated using the high voltage battery"

Reactions: Kh.khakshour

·
Registered
433 Posts
Do check how to unlock the car, if the 12V battery is dead. Take some jump leads or a quick charge pack.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
Ioniq Electric 38KWh
196 Posts
Just driven 115km on a full battery stopped for 5 minutes engine turned off drove home and there wasnt enough power in the 12 volt to lock the doors
Lol. There is definitely irony in having an electric car with a giant battery that can’t even manage the systems so that it can handle the ancillaries properly. Hasn’t happened to me yet, thankfully. Why can’t Hyundai sort this?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Nissan "solved" the issue by providing a small solar panel on an upper tailgate spoiler. It no longer uses this option.

·
IONIQ Electric, SE (w/ CCP) 2018.
882 Posts
Yeah, that's not right. Best get it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
Ioniq 2020
17 Posts
Yeah, that's not right. Best get it back to the dealer.
Happened again jumped the car took it back to the dealer and asked for a courtesy car and was refused,seemingly because I jump started it like I was told to do and drove it to the dealer it doesnt count as a breakdown.Car goes in on Thursday for more tests asked if they could order a new battery and was told no.If no joy on Thursday Iam going to plaster it all over Facebook and every motor magazine in Norway.

·
Registered
2020 IONIQ EV LIMITED
6 Posts
Utility mode is a good idea. Manual says so too!

"To activate the utility mode.
When activated, electric devices in the vehicle is operated using the high voltage battery"
does Ioniq EV has utility mode?
I heard that about Kona EV, but I couldn't found it in my Ioniq settings.
could you please let me know if there is anyway to activate this mode in Ioniq EV?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Kh.khakshour
Utility mode will appear in the settings on the driver cluster behind the steering wheel. The car has to be powered on to ready mode to see it. it is I the convenience settings
To end utility mode you have to turn the car off. Ou won't be able to select drive or reverse when in utility mode.

·
Registered
2020 IONIQ EV LIMITED
6 Posts
Kh.khakshour
Utility mode will appear in the settings on the driver cluster behind the steering wheel. The car has to be powered on to ready mode to see it. it is I the convenience settings
To end utility mode you have to turn the car off. Ou won't be able to select drive or reverse when in utility mode.
I found it. thank you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts