Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got to go to the dealer with my wife and wait for her verdict. She said OK :):):) It's a shame that the test was in the afternoon of a rainy and dark day. I have felt very nice and comfortable, but only a problem, I did not see anything through the back window. The bottom of the window was dirty by the water and you could not see anything and the top does not have windshield wipers. This I did not like and we parked the order. Is this a problem for you? I hope to go another day, to be sunny, and to try again. Maybe I should get used to it?.
The model was the style (premiun se), this super equipped.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think it's something you'll be able to get used to. You'll even be able to apply some hydrophobic cleaners/chemicals to prevent water from building up there and leaving dirty marks and what not as well? Something like RainX or some sort of sealant?

·
Registered
69 Posts
You do get used to it quite quickly. Sometimes I even think the split rear window is an advantage as I can use it to shield my vision from the headlights of the car behind me.

I have applied RainX to the windows but don´t think it made much of a difference. Since I have a black car, I find that I have to wash it very often, and so the rear windows is always quite clean anyway.

(If you must, the Kia Niro has a rear wiper.)

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
I don't really find the rear window to much of a problem . True , it does get mucky easily . I generally give it a wipe over before I start the car ...no problem :)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
to be honest the lower back window you don't really use and I find the bar in the back window is just the right place to stop 4 x 4 drivers headlights from blinding you

with some rain x on the top rear window over about 35 -40 mph it stays nice and clear, but also I tend to use my wing mirrors more than rear window

biggest pain in rear is the rear parking camera gets dirty easily in wet weather

·
Registered
103 Posts
[...] , but also I tend to use my wing mirrors more than rear window
Are the wing mirrors affected in rainy weather? In my current car, the whole mirror surface becomes covered with water drops after some time. I am not 100% sure where they come from but it looks most of them are water running on the housing to the back edge of the housing and then this water is deflected by turbulent air flow onto the mirror. Another source are drops originating from the bonnet and passing the gap between mirror housing and car body before turning 180 degrees and landing on the mirror.

Probably every car has this kind of problem in some kind. How would you rate the Ioniq in this respect?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've not noticed any problems with the wing mirrors either.

Regarding the rear window, it is something you get used to, quite quickly. I actually hadn't noticed the Ioniq did not come with a rear wiper until I started looking in the manual for its fuse!
The visibility out of the rear window is less than that of the Gen2 Prius, and combined with the auto-dim of the rear view mirror, I find that I don't look out of the back as much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think it's only an habit to have; during my first test drive I hadn't the feeling with the rear view because of the splitted window. During the second test drive the feeling was better...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Over time you'll adjust and adapt to any changes no problem. It's just naturally when your looking for something and it's not there, it tends to erk you a little. You'll be good ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, today I can drive a IONIQ EV on a highway for 70 km. This car is just fantastic to drive! The range in winter with the heating on should be about 180 km. It's a little to short in my opinion, but if what I read is true, it will be a battery upgrade in one year... then it should be good. If I understand well the upgrade will be done to the charger, too. It should allow 3P instead of only 1P. Someone has some news?

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
2018 there is supposed to be a 200 mile / 320km version of the Ioniq EV due, there is no Information about if the charger will be upgraded or it will jut take longer to recharge

as far as we are aware it will be unlikely you would be able to get a battery upgrade for a 2017 Ioniq

1 - 14 of 14 Posts