Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
He made a good point about how the Ioniq does well with bringing together both sedan and hatchback styling which through pictures till now I haven't picked up on that well but in the video as he explains it with visuals, you really start to take notice, and that's a good thing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Even the rear of this, looks like a mix of a sedan and hatchback. Very discreetly though.

I like how the overall appearance is mixed of classic and sporty.

It's unique in design.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like the body style. It makes it look like it could b=have a performance version that would compete with hot hatches.

·
Registered
323 Posts
He makes a good point on design and ever since the Ioniq revealed i haven't heard many negative things about it, but the Prius, completely different story and it might be where some people stop and decide to move on, all without looking at MPG's and all the other vitals.

·
Registered
169 Posts
He's comparing the touch pad to a concept model's and that's not very fair. Toyota will definitely shrink that down when the Prime goes into production. Other than that, the reviewers didn't have many negative things to say.

I originally thought the interior would feel cheap but if they have soft plastics in all the right places, it could feel luxurious. Maybe Hyundai will release two-tone interior options when it comes time to order.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I agree. I couldn't find a negative review that would change my mind as of yet.

The interior is great (I think, based on that review and pictures only).

I think the two tone interior options would be a bonus.

What two tone colors do you think would be a nice option?

·
Registered
323 Posts
He's comparing the touch pad to a concept model's and that's not very fair. Toyota will definitely shrink that down when the Prime goes into production. Other than that, the reviewers didn't have many negative things to say.

I originally thought the interior would feel cheap but if they have soft plastics in all the right places, it could feel luxurious. Maybe Hyundai will release two-tone interior options when it comes time to order.
Indeed, soft feeling door panels go a long way in supporting a positive feeling since that basically what you get in high end luxurious cars. Just instead they have leather. But at least having that comfort, with your arm rested on it, you'll feel just as comfortable.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah. It doesn't have to be leather. Any soft material would do. I recent sat in the new honda accord, the basic trim and the fabric was super soft and very comfortable.

Hopefully, Ioniq will have something similar as well.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Yeah. It doesn't have to be leather. Any soft material would do. I recent sat in the new honda accord, the basic trim and the fabric was super soft and very comfortable.

Hopefully, Ioniq will have something similar as well.
High trim Accords are perfect examples too, they're just about as close as you get to some Acura's, so good I've seen some people pick a high spec Accord over the TLX. That sure says something. Although it wasn't always like that compared to now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Depends on the price of getting the highest trim level possible and best materials. If the high spec Accord costs less than the TLX, I can see why people would go in that direction. We'll have to wait and see what trims we will get and how much they will cost. I would definitely like to load up my Ioniq but price is still at the forefront of my mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts