Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is odd. Today my camera is showing this view with the bottom arc shaped blockage. I'm pretty sure that it's down to the camera angle - catching a bit of the bodywork. but it wasn't like this until today! Could the camera have shifted? Anyone else seeing this ?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
It would be great if you could have the rear camera display while driving forward to double check the blind spot before lane shifts. I assume Hyundai doesn't offer that option a la Tesla? Some car operating systems can be modified by the dealer or OBD2 smartphone apps. The latter is not available for Hyundai/Kia (beyond info like fault codes), but is for Toyota.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think their ignoring the main question at hand here...OP said it wasn't like this before and was wondering if the camera could have shifted lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
It would be great if you could have the rear camera display while driving forward to double check the blind spot before lane shifts. I assume Hyundai doesn't offer that option a la Tesla? Some car operating systems can be modified by the dealer or OBD2 smartphone apps. The latter is not available for Hyundai/Kia (beyond info like fault codes), but is for Toyota.
The Premium SE specification in the U.K. has the blind spot detection system fitted as standard so you don't need a camera. The radar detects whether there is a car in the blind spot on either side of the vehicle and gives a visual and audible warning if you are about to move into another vehicle.

Reactions: Westkent

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll ask the dealer about this when the car goes in on Wednesday; I'll feed back what they say... I'm pretty sure that I'm not dreaming - not least because the Cee'd which I had prior to February exhibited the bottom arc thing and so I was pleased to see that the Ioniq didn't - until this week!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine too, just the same which I do like actually, as you can see the bumper itself. Just wish I would remember to wipe it with my finger before getting in each time, always have to get back out and do it.. does get VERY dirty!

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Owners Manual Page 3-90 shows a rear camera view with the bumper, although I wouldn't have recognised it as such without the above comments.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I wish I would have remembered to look at this on my test drive today. I want to say I saw the bumper as well. However what I do definitely recall was that I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and color vibrancy of the camera and screen and the wide and distant view. My only experience prior was with my 2015 Corolla which was low res, muddied colors and grainy and didn't offer such a large view. The dynamic guide lines are awesome too whereas the Corolla was static. I had a problem with the Corolla camera frequently becoming dirty as others have said they've had with the Ioniq so that won't be new to me or bother me so much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I see my bumper too, which I don't mind. What does differ to what I'm used to is that the projected yellow or blue lines to show where I am/going to be are both about 15 cm out. So if i reverse into an end space with a curb for example, the yellow and blue lines are both over the curb when I am inside it... Guess I have to get used to this. I'm sure it was pretty accurate on my previous non-hyundai. :confused:

·
Registered
183 Posts
We just got ours! :) Yeah! #HappyHappyHappy, after 9 months, our Ioniq Baby ;-) But I'm confused, not used to a camera. Just did some backing up, turning the wheel to the left to steer it at its place. The yellow and blue line appear. But am I the yellow or blue line? Just looking over my shoulder I manage to get the lines reasonably "together", but should I aim for the yellow, or blue line when just using the camera? Yellow seems to be sending me to the wall, blue sends me parking @ the neighbours...

Attachments

·
Registered
264 Posts
The bumper was always there, your brain just never registered its existence. Once you see it you cannot unsee. The camera is at a fixed angle. I've cleaned it many times and the bumper was always in view. It's by design. You cannot shift the camera angle unless you physically broke the housing.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts