Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like the reversing camera on my 2018 ioniq hev has developed a problem!
Everything has been fine up until today when I selected reverse and the camera image appeared then started flashing between full colour, black and white, blank then repeat.
It's not a major problem, I lived without one for many years and never had a problem going backwards, so will wait until I return from my vacation to visit the dealer about it.
Anyone else had any problems with theirs?

Not sure if it's possible to attach video so uploaded to YouTube.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
That is a connection failure. One of the leads is about to fail or is loose.

Remote chance it is a corrupted OS. You could disconnect the battery to do a hard reset.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The fact that it keeps cycling back on makes me think something other than a connection - it's too regular. Perhaps a camera power supply issue? In any event, it's a trip to the dealer. I wouldn't mess with the battery as there may be several settings you don't want to re-set.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
The dealer may disconnect the battery as the first check. Lot easier than checking connections I suspect.

·
Super Moderator
8,218 Posts
yep trip to dealer could be either the media unit or camera
as @yticolev says likely they will disconnect the battery for 30 minutes first

there is also a pinhole somewhere on the media unit to do a soft reset i believe which may be worth a try as well

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice. I did try the soft reset, recessed button near volume control, but that made no difference.
Not sure about disconnecting 12v since it's the integrated battery buried somewhere I'd rather not mess with.

I shall make a trip to the dealer on Saturday and let them sort it out. Will be my first chance to find out how good they are as I've not had any dealing with them yet, bought the car from another dealer much further away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It seems like the reversing camera on my 2018 ioniq hev has developed a problem!
Everything has been fine up until today when I selected reverse and the camera image appeared then started flashing between full colour, black and white, blank then repeat.
It's not a major problem, I lived without one for many years and never had a problem going backwards, so will wait until I return from my vacation to visit the dealer about it.
Anyone else had any problems with theirs?

Not sure if it's possible to attach video so uploaded to YouTube.

Hi
I had this problem new about my car. How did you fix it. What was the problem. Thanks a lot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts