Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Cyber Grey IONIQ 5 RWD LR
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to reset the TPMS? I drove to a colder province for a couple of days and had low pressure due to the cold but once warmed up the PSI was normal for the tires. But I still have the warning each time I turn on the car. I tried checking the manual but all I got was to go to the dealership. I’m sure there’s an easier way to reset it myself?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Does anyone know how to reset the TPMS? I drove to a colder province for a couple of days and had low pressure due to the cold but once warmed up the PSI was normal for the tires. But I still have the warning each time I turn on the car. I tried checking the manual but all I got was to go to the dealership. I’m sure there’s an easier way to reset it myself?
I think it is supposed to reset itself after driving.

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
210 Posts
If it's anything like other relearn procedures, lower the pressure to like 20 psi or something then pressure back up to what it should be. I think TPMS turn off below 15 psi or something like that but you shouldn't have to go that low.

·
Registered
2022 AWD Ultimate Johnny 5
463 Posts
It should have reset itself, its possible there is something else wrong. Its possible a individual tire sensor has failed or there is a problem with the receiving unit in the BCM.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I had a TPMS fault appear on the dash yesterday. Nothing related to a particular tyre and pressure was topped up when I got near home. I’ve let tyres cool overnight and will check to see if orange warning has gone this morning. Yesterday when I was driving, it said drive car to detect pressures (!) so maybe a faulty sensor but which one??

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 72,6kWh RWD Lucid Blue
339 Posts
I had a TPMS fault appear on the dash yesterday. Nothing related to a particular tyre and pressure was topped up when I got near home. I’ve let tyres cool overnight and will check to see if orange warning has gone this morning. Yesterday when I was driving, it said drive car to detect pressures (!) so maybe a faulty sensor but which one??
Your garage can find which one, or if you have an OBD reader, you can do it yourself. I’m pretty sure you can reset the TPMS via the OBD port, at least mine gave me the option when all 4 was of the wrong type. I was reluctant to try, as my car was planned for a change of TPMS just days after.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok the TPMS alert is still not going away..
What I did:
  • inflated all tires to 36 psi
  • the same tire warning is still there.. and after a short driving the pressue went down to 35 psi for that tire
  • perhaps there is a nail or issue with the tire? argh need to get it checked out
Pic:
Land vehicle Computer Vehicle Motor vehicle Gps navigation device

1 - 19 of 19 Posts