Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I currently have 2017 Bev with 16" wheels. I am looking to get another set of wheels for winter tyres. I have found a set 16x6j et50 from an i30. Mine are 16x6.5j et50. Will the i30 one fit without issues.
TIA

·
Registered
320 Posts
There is a tire offset calculator online that allows you to see all size differences between two wheels. I used it on a previous few cars to make sure the width or offset was just fractionally different. Wheel Offset Calculator Run your options and see if it means anything. From your description a 6" to 6.5" width (1/4" on inside and outside) should not matter, but confirm it. I am running a 40 offset on 7" wheels with no issues at all. They actually look a little better than stock.

·
Registered
320 Posts
By the calculator I noted above, the backspacing (from where the wheel bolts on the hub to the inside edge of rim) is 5.47" for a 6"x50 and 5.72" for a 6.5"x50, so the difference is 0.25" So the new option will be 1/4" farther away on the inside from the suspension. I do not think there is any issue but confirm. My new wheels when I run the calculator are 5.57" so only 1/10" difference from yours and they work fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts