Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the remote start with Bluelink form my Ioniq Plugin to start the car and set the ac in the scorching heat. My question is, when you come up to the car, it’s flashing your hazards (I guess to let you know that the car is on). Is there a way to turn that off? I don’t know how it draws attention to the car while it’s on and no one is in the car.

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,131 Posts
I suppose it's so that you can see that it worked since you likely can't hear it. It does draw attention but the remote start won't work if the doors are unlocked and I don't believe the car would drive without the key present after a remote start either if someone did break into it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a new Ioniq owner and really like the remote start but don't like the flashing lights that accompany the start. I see there's lots of complaints about this on the Hyundai page as regards other models. How about a software upgrade to turn off the annoying feature?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hyundai are the only ones I know of to actively flash the hazards. Everyone else, that I've seen, with factory remote start has the parking lights on, steady burn. I'd also like them to do that in the Ioniq.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts