Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq PHEV
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone at how many regen bars the brake lights come on? I know with 1 they don't but cannot figure how to determine they are on.
I often wonder about those behind me when the adaptive cruse drastically slows (because it doesn't look far enough ahead to anticipate) sometimes all bars are used other times only 3.

·
Registered
2020 PHEV Phantom Black Preferred
66 Posts
I know that if you set regen level to 1,2 or 3, brake lights automatically turn on when you pull the foot from the gas pedal.
Pressing the break pedal should automatically turn them on...

·
Registered
13 Posts
The lights are on when you put level 3. Level 2 : sometimes. 1 never. Breaks : allways. It is very strange.to guess the rules. I wonder if the is an accelerometer....

·
Registered
96 Posts
In answer to "builderpaul' question - your brake lights come on when it reaches the fourth light. I drive to work in the dark and come home in the daylight. A transport's brake lights also come on automatically when the engine brake is in use so when you see brake lights flashing a lot you know it might not be the driver on the brakes a lot...

·
Registered
2018 Ioniq PHEV Exclusive
16 Posts
Giys how did you set this regen on your PHEVs ?
I thought it is possible only on EV

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq PHEV Limited
50 Posts
Good discussion of this in this older thread:

·
Registered
2018 Ioniq PHEV Exclusive
16 Posts
Well in my PHEV 2018 when I use paddles - car goes automatically in sports mode, so no regen.
Good discussion of this in this older thread:
Yes only available on the latest version (2019 or 2020).
I see, that the reason. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts