1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
UK Project 45
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good odb2 adapter and associated software

I just ordered an android auto box ix999 from aliexpress - as suggested by @SonicSpinner and hope to be able to have detailed metrics about battery etc on my infotainment screen

I don’t want to reinvent the wheel. Would rather use tried and tested hardware and software

Tia

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Hi

Can anyone recommend a good odb2 adapter and associated software

I just ordered an android auto box ix999 from aliexpress - as suggested by @SonicSpinner and hope to be able to have detailed metrics about battery etc on my infotainment screen

I don’t want to reinvent the wheel. Would rather use tried and tested hardware and software

Tia
i know of 2 apps.

1. EV WATCHDOG EV Watchdog Android monitoring App ( in their site a list of supported dongles are written )

2. https://evnotify.de/ , i use this, its simple, but doesnt have full detailed cell level info like evwatchdog. for this i use the cheap blue elm327 obd dongle

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
428 Posts
A general thought. Many/most of the OBD2 adaptors are not made for continuous use, or use with car switched off. This becomes very clear when you go from reading fault codes to continuously monitor driving or charging. Most adapters have auto switch off at say 30min but not auto wake.

I read good things about the Green LX adapter. Just make sure to get the ~$100 genuine one and not a knock off. That is important any make you choose. If someone recommend an adapter get it from the exact same seller to prevent getting a knock off not working. (My fancy branded china adapter does not work)

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
428 Posts

Supposedly the MX+ version will NOT drain your 12V battery...
"If you don’t require access to advanced Ford & GM networks, consider purchasing OBDLink LX."

The LX is the one I also think is the best for this task.

·
Registered
UK Project 45
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know of 2 apps.

1. EV WATCHDOG EV Watchdog Android monitoring App ( in their site a list of supported dongles are written )

2. https://evnotify.de/ , i use this, its simple, but doesnt have full detailed cell level info like evwatchdog. for this i use the cheap blue elm327 obd dongle

Thanks

I have torque pro from a few years ago. Will try EV watchdog.
Just realised I have a elm327. Got it at the end of 2015.

It’s in a box somewhere …..

Any ideas on a pid?

Thanks again. Great tips.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks

I have torque pro from a few years ago. Will try EV watchdog.
Just realised I have a elm327. Got it at the end of 2015.

It’s in a box somewhere …..

Any ideas on a pid?

Thanks again. Great tips.
See this Torque Pro topic:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts