Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
issue 2 :- return spring replacement on rear calipers, currently a known issue, waiting to see if it get turned into a recall

What does that actually sound like?
I have been having an issue with a strange noise from the brake system. It primarily is coming from the drivers side front and sounds like a valve opening and closing, or something hydraulic not operating correctly. You can hear it and feel it whether the car is on or off. I brought it to my Hyundai dealer and they had it for over a week with no fix. Basically they gave me the car back and stated that they do not have a fix for it. They opened a case with Hyundai and that's it. I was kind of taken back when they said here is your new car back with a issue we acknowledge is there but we cant fix it for you. Does anyone else have this issue? Very frustrated with Hyundai

Issue 2 :- return spring replacement on rear calipers, currently a known issue, waiting to see if it get turned into a recall

Just before Christmas my PHEV (6.8k Miles) has developed a rough grinding noise from the rear near side wheel only as you press the brake pedal when moving slowly forward or reverse, it actually sounds like the noise you get when driving a vehicle with rusty disks after its been standing a while which normally disappears after a few pushes on the brake pedal as you drive.
Its booked in for Friday 12th for investigation but i'm wondering if it could be Issue 2.

It clicks on every pump of the brake pedal. Last week they changed the Integrated Brake Actuation Unit, that did not fix the issue. The dealer says that Hyundai has to redesign that part. I dont think the service advisor knows what she is talking about

issue 2 :- return spring replacement on rear calipers, currently a known issue, waiting to see if it get turned into a recall

My Ioniq EV went for service on 43000 km and I was told about that issue. The part is now there so I booked a slot to be replaced.

yep, they halp prevent the "clunk" when you pull away after the car being parked up for some time (usually in damp conditions) as the return springs on the rear callipers aren't strong enough to free the pads from the disks when the parking brake is release in some conditions
@chunga68 had this done some time back if memory is correct

yep, they halp prevent the "clunk" when you pull away after the car being parked up for some time (usually in damp conditions) as the return springs on the rear callipers aren't strong enough to free the pads from the disks when the parking brake is release in some conditions

@chunga68 had this done some time back if memory is correct
You are correct as usual and it worked a treat ;)

Well this is my list so far:

1. "clunk" parking brake sound on

2. "clicking" brake pedal pressing sound on
3. some strange plastic "crrrrrr" sound coming from the ventilation area, I think in windscreen blowing direction mode, but diagnostics for the source still in progress

Well this is my list so far:

1. "clunk" parking brake sound on

2. "clicking" brake pedal pressing sound on
3. some strange plastic "crrrrrr" sound coming from the ventilation area, I think in windscreen blowing direction mode, but diagnostics for the source still in progress
In my case 1. was cured by replacement of the spring mentioned by bluecar
2. I've never had that problem
3. I had a weird noise coming from the ventilation area once, turned out a leaf had got into ventilation system . May not be your problem but worth a check ;)

The only two issues I've had so far is that when I spray the windshield washer fluid, I can smell it coming in through the vents. If I turn re-circulate on then it's not as bad. But it's there. And the other is some strange whistling noise in the back seat area. I need someone to ride back there to see where it's coming from. Either that or bring it in for the techs to look at.

I'm seeing an issue with my Ioniq Electric. The wheel speed sensor gradually stopped reporting speed and that led to a whole lot of error codes on the dashboard: no ABS, no DSC, reduced braking, no regen. Had it replaced by the dealer under warranty, and two days later a second one started failing. Seems like a manufacturing defect for that part according to the dealer. Waiting on parts to arrive in country now, and meanwhile driving really careful.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.