Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am also picking mine up to on 1st March so I have a 17 plate registration. Mine is a marina blue Premium SE hybrid. What have you purchased?

·
Super Moderator
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have the "Infinity" media unit. Is there a recall on it?
moved your post over into the recall thread

yes mine was an infinity unit, that is going in on Thursday for a replacement unit

·
Super Moderator
7,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
car has been in and media unit swapped

must say credit to the tech, done a good job, not even a mark on any of the dash or trim where he took the unit out and replaced it, some would say "there shouldn't be" but I know how difficult it can be on some occasions not to leave a tiny mark

had to re-pair my phones but that was expected, reset all my options on the media unit as expected
odd thing is the gearbox seems a little better, I wonder if the time the battery was disconnected caused the gearbox controller to reset to default and it is back in learning mode again?

·
Registered
131 Posts
If your media unit was disconnected and replaced does it have a security code number that needs to be keyed back in before it can be used just like existing car radios when they are removed? If so were you given the new code for the new media unit?

·
Registered
28 Posts
must say credit to the tech, done a good job, not even a mark on any of the dash or trim where he took the unit out and replaced it, some would say "there shouldn't be" but I know how difficult it can be on some occasions not to leave a tiny mark
My dash got a little scratch right above the left temp control knob when the swapped the sat nav/media unit. I noticed it when I got home and sent my dealer photo of it. They replied, apologized and said that they ordered a new panel. Will have it replaced next time I am at the dealer's. Love the service.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My car, while connected to my phone via bluetooth, has so far made 3 phonecalls without me doing anything.
I suspect thats where the problem is with the recall.

·
Super Moderator
1,827 Posts
My car, while connected to my phone via bluetooth, has so far made 3 phonecalls without me doing anything.
I suspect thats where the problem is with the recall.
Funnily enough my phone has popped up a few times lately . I'd assumed that I'd accidentally touched the phone button on the steering wheel , but maybe not

·
Registered
45 Posts
Me too on the range, charged mine for the first time to 100% only showed 206KM on a full charge a lot less ten the 280 that Hyundai say but hay I love the car, picked it up 5 days ago and still finding out things about it.

·
Super Moderator
1,439 Posts
The range depends much on your way of driving and in particular the speed, and also on the temperature. See the Electric Range topic for more info.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi bluecar do you think I should mention the unit to my dealer I picked mine up weds the 1 st of Feb maybe show them this thread??

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had zero audio for a whole 1 hour journey - no radio, no sat nav, no warning beeps, nothing. I even turned the car off a couple of times to see if that would reset it - no joy. At the end of the working day, all was well again. Only happened once.

I've not had much joy with Android Auto - it seems to connect/disconnect/reconnect as it likes. So I just don't use it.

Either of those might be related to the recall, I guess.

·
Super Moderator
1,827 Posts
Android Auto works well for me . I use a very short USB cable ( as per Android Auto recommendation ) and the phone sits on the charging pad

21 - 39 of 39 Posts