Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While in dealers about tyre today they told me there was a recall on the multi media unit for issue with the Bluetooth cutting out

the unit is on back order

so the few of us who have an Ioniq it may be worth checking with your dealer

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
I'm having no bluetooth problem , but I'll take your advice and check

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've had some issues where the Bluetooth locked up, thought was my phone removed and re-paired it all has been fine since

but if there is a recall then get it done is my normal path, I rely o BT to much as the distances I drive

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Is the recall for the Infinity Unit or the standard unit ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
carplay

Ive found the bluetooth to be fine and great quality but can't use the phone in car play mode for calls as the person on the other end hears them self as an echo. On my car and the deme car i used initially. Can some one else check a phone call in carplay mode. I'm using an iphone 6s but not sure that would make much difference.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can confirm that I have the same echo-issue with Apple carplay in my Ioniq. It is an Apple-issue, not specific to Ioniq, as I have found numerous complaints online about the same but for many other car brands and models. The Bluetooth-connection works just fine.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
had a call from my dealer, the replacement media unit is in, just got to arrange a date in January for them to swap it out

only thing is they have asked to have my car all day a the techs have never taken one apart before

could be fun :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Please keep us updated. I'm picking up my IONIQ tomorrow. I'll ask about the recall. Is there like a certain recall number or anything like that,so the dealership could find the recall in their system? I figure that would make it easier for them to find it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the same problem with the carplay echo but bluetooth works just fine. Also got the hybrid premium SE with Infitity sound system. By the way, this is my first post here :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nearest Charge Stations

Hi everyone,
New to the forum, Just took receipt of the Ioniq EV and absolutely love it. Had the upgrade on the media unit.
Just one question for some reason I can’t seem to search for the nearest charging points when I go on the EV menu. WIFI connected etc, speed cameras show Nav screen etc but for some reason unable to find charging points. Not sure if it worked prior to the upgrade, only had car for about 5 days. is there a setting i need to do or something?
Can anyone help?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had the same problem with my Ioniq EV and got the answer on this forum (cant remember where) basically find the menu where it lets you chose the type of charge point for your car, tick the appropriate boxes and it finds them But I don't think the list of charge points are up to date. I asked Hyundai about this and was refered to Zap-Map!

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
had a look tonight,

try settings (right hand button below nav screen) then navigation, then one of the options lets you choose what POI's on the map, as mine is hybrid I get petrol stations, I would assume an EV would get charge points instead

a bit late but welcome shortcircuit

tell us a bit about your car, rough area you live, county level is fine, what you changed for a Ioniq and how it compares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorted the Charge points, if you go in main menu then settings, go into NAV and there is a setting for EV you then have to set which type of plug you have. selected mennekes type 2 and it seems to find the charge points. At present not showing all but at least I have managed to get something.

As for the car i have the premium EV in white absolutely love it, had it for just under 2 weeks and still finding something new every day. I have 3 kids and my previous was a Citroen picasso had it for 13 years, had no issues with the car but it was time to change, the kids have now grown up and i decided to buy something for me and the wife, me really!

Can't believe the torque of the car from start especially in sports mode, not a Ferrari but it feels very quick after the Picasso.

Live in Sheffield South Yorkshire plenty of hills to give it a good try out and so far no issues. When i first charged it did only show a range of 135 miles which i thought at the time was way off the mark from the advertised range. When you first start up with heaters and fans you do lose about 6-7 miles in range but if you drive economically you do get some of the miles back, currently averaging about 4.2 kw per mile don't know if that is good but it cheaper than a diesel so far. I do like the cruise control and how it will bring you to stop in traffic bit scary at first but it does work.

In the new year i will start my daily commute to Doncaster and will see how it performs then on the motorway plus urban.

·
Super Moderator
1,795 Posts
You can compare the range you get with the numbers of others in the topic on Electric range. Probably it is line with the other numbers when you take into account temperature and speed for your case.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts