Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with the Limited version, please supply me with the part number for your Auto-dim Rear View Mirror. It is a must with all of the night time driving I do. Thanks for checking!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would also be interested in seeing if this would be an option for our SEL. I would love to be able to somehow add Bluelink. A remote start would add another FOB.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I'm dredging this thread up. I am looking in to the possibility of adding an auto dimming mirror with Homelink in my US SEL. I had a look at the wiring part numbers and it doesn't look like the SEL gets a plug up in the headliner with its version of the harness. It seems like I might be able to buy a Limited car's wiring harness for $200 to get an official-type implementation.

I couldn't find a wiring diagram of the courtesy lights up above the mirror, so I took the thing apart and probed it with my multimeter. There are 4 wires, 3 of which I have some confidence in how they work. Black is ground, red is +12V constant, Yellow with a black stripe is timer switched by the car. The last one is yellow and I don't understand what it does. It didn't seem to switch on with the ignition nor did it react with the door opening. Any ideas?

I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for any Ioniq, let alone my specific model. Does anyone have a source for that?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm dredging this thread up. I am looking in to the possibility of adding an auto dimming mirror with Homelink in my US SEL. I had a look at the wiring part numbers and it doesn't look like the SEL gets a plug up in the headliner with its version of the harness. It seems like I might be able to buy a Limited car's wiring harness for $200 to get an official-type implementation.

I couldn't find a wiring diagram of the courtesy lights up above the mirror, so I took the thing apart and probed it with my multimeter. There are 4 wires, 3 of which I have some confidence in how they work. Black is ground, red is +12V constant, Yellow with a black stripe is timer switched by the car. The last one is yellow and I don't understand what it does. It didn't seem to switch on with the ignition nor did it react with the door opening. Any ideas?

I can't seem to find a wiring diagram for any Ioniq, let alone my specific model. Does anyone have a source for that?
Bit of a long shot. On my UK spec electric, the interior light lights when the doors unlock either by the fob or the door button.
Might the yellow put 12V in just on unlock?

·
Registered
59 Posts
First of all: Yes... I should've got the limited with the homelink and auto dimming mirror.

So the part I need is: https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/parts-list/2017-hyundai-ioniq-electric/mirror-outside-rear-view.html

I'm actually more interested in getting the homelink buttons. But the auto-dimming is an additional plus. So part #85101-3Q000 (https://www.hyundaipartsdeal.com/genuine/hyundai-mirror-assy-rr-view~85101-3q000.html) will work.

It looks like the roof harness already has the plug I need (R02). And from what I can see in the diagram, homelink is self contained and doesn't seem to need an external module.

And the EC mirror (auto-dim) also is self contained.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts