Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

How's the rear seat space? How does a rear facing safety seat fit in, has anyone tried yet? The nearest dealer who has a demo Ioniq EV is ~400km away so i thought i'd try my luck asking questions here first :)

Measurements for the min and max distance from the isofix points to the back of the front seat would be most appreciated.

Also the boot space is of interest because it would need to fit our double seated pushchair for the kids.

All insight and measurements are highly appreciated!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello,

How's the rear seat space? How does a rear facing safety seat fit in, has anyone tried yet? The nearest dealer who has a demo Ioniq EV is ~400km away so i thought i'd try my luck asking questions here first :)

Measurements for the min and max distance from the isofix points to the back of the front seat would be most appreciated.

Also the boot space is of interest because it would need to fit our double seated pushchair for the kids.

All insight and measurements are highly appreciated!
Have a look at km77. Their site is in Spanish but Google Translate should give you a sufficient understanding.

here for photographs
km77.com - Fotos Hyundai IONIQ - Interior
So a rear facing seat should be possible (whether you or your wife fit in on the front seat is a different story... )

and here for measurements (also in comparison)
Hyundai IONIQ 2016 | Tabla comparativa de mediciones interiores - km77.com
The number you're looking for is the 70cm in the first column of the second set of data ("Asientos traseros" -> "Largo")

See their video for how they measure. In short, they adjust the front seat to a constant distance of 100cm from the pedals and measure the distance from the lower end of the rear seat back rest (i.e. pretty much the Isofix points) to the rear end of the front seat back rest.

And from the back of my mind, the boot is almost 100cm wide (96-98) and slightly less in length (94-95cm).

See also here on page 3 (that's in German, but the picture speaks for itself)
https://www.adac.de/_ext/itr/tests/...brid_Premium/Hyundai_IONIQ_Hybrid_Premium.pdf

Note however that the EV has a shallower boot than the hybrid. No change in width and length. Only in height

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
This is the picture with boot measurements from the latter site:

Attachments

Reactions: blownb310

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much for the information!

It looks like it has 7cm more rear seat space than our current car, and the figure 70cm looks to be on par with other cars in the class.

So, not roomy, but i can propably fit in the passenger side front seat with the child seat's on the back... I'm 183cm tall.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I picked up my Ioniq today together with my son who is 1.90 m tall. When the dealer sat next to me to explain me things, my son sat in the back for a while. When I asked him he told me later that he did not experience any problems with his height sitting in the back. Hope this gives you an impression.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts