Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

Has your IONIQ door handle broken off?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
UPDATE: The dealer in Norway replaced mine free of charge last week. But still it can, and most certainly will, happen again. There are three doors more waiting in line, and I'm starting to wonder how much this car's gonna cost me after the warranty expires. AC pump was replaced after 9 months (all interior had to be removed, 2 weeks at workshop), and would have cost a fortune if not covered by warranty. Moisture in rear lamps, replaced by warranty. What's next :-/
I,m also have an 2018 mod ioniq PHEV.First the doorhandle rear right side missed the little part.I notice that in the carwash.Then my car wont charge,and the plugg dosent lock.Why is not Hyundai coming up with solution on this big problem hitting so many cars.I will not buy an othere Hyundai if they not willing to improve the weak points.My car has worked very well in 3 years,until now.Also have 5 years warrenty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had same problem on my 2016 ioniq in 2019. the rear offside door. Yesterday the rear nearside door handle had the same problem. Have emailed Hundai UK asking if it’s a warranty issue. No reply.
I used superglue to replace part on each occasion. My 2019 fix is still in place.

·
Registered
2017 Ioniq hybrid Blue
22 Posts
Had same problem on my 2016 ioniq in 2019. the rear offside door. Yesterday the rear nearside door handle had the same problem. Have emailed Hundai UK asking if it’s a warranty issue. No reply.
I used superglue to replace part on each occasion. My 2019 fix is still in place.
While Hyundai covered my door handle part under warranty, the Chinese knockoff Hundai may not cover yours.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts