Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read in a review that the rear cross traffic alert will stop the car if it senses it is going to hit something when reversing. Is this correct?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not sure about that. Mine beeps at me. But I wouldn't like to test the auto stop lol.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have read in a review that the rear cross traffic alert will stop the car if it senses it is going to hit something when reversing. Is this correct?
In the manual 5-38 it says:

RCTA (Rear Cross Traffic Alert)
The Rear Cross Traffic Alert fea- ture monitors approaching cross traffic from the left and right side of the vehicle when your vehicle is in reverse. The feature will operate when the vehicle is moving in reverse below about 10 km/h (6 mph). If oncoming cross traffic is detected a warning chime will sound.

It doesn't mention autonomous stopping for RCTA. Could you point me to the section of the manual you are referring to. Many thanks...

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
That's only on the Premium se though isn't it?

·
Registered
278 Posts
That's only on the Premium se though isn't it?
Yes. And it's blooming handy reversing out of supermarket car parking spaces lol. Especially with the limited rear view.

·
Registered
278 Posts
It was in a What Car review where the reviewer mentioned it. I'd not seen it mentioned anywhere else.
I have the premium se and all it does is beep and give a visual warning too as per the manual.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yes it a really useful aid when reversing and your vision is blocked. It seems quite sensitive, picking up approaching cars or people from far away and as well as bleeping also indicating in the relevant side wing mirror.

·
Registered
776 Posts
RCTA warns by a beep signal but does NOT stop the car. Only works in Premium SE. The manual is correct on this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts